love

Sree

I couldn't sleep. I felt different. Whenever I closed my eyes I saw him, his face, heard his voice, felt his touch. A sense of euphoria passed through me. I was both nervous and excited.
In the morning I woke up early, and waited eagerly to see him. We were returning back from our trip.
When I saw him, my heart beat so fast, I felt hot, I eagerly looked at him waiting for him to look at me. But he didn't. He avoided my eyes. I felt a pang of disappointment. He was silent throughout the travel.
Perhaps that almost kiss was too awkward for him.. But I couldn't move my eyes away.. from him.

I didn't tell my friends about the last day or that I was in love. I needed time to understand it myself. I loved going to office, just with the thought of seeing him. I asked to meet him, but the receptionist kept saying that he was busy. I texted him on watsapp but there was no reply.

Did that almost kiss, freak him out so much that he was ignoring me?.. Does he love me too? Or was this normal for him..

I hadn't thought about this, as I was too engrossed in my feelings.. Does he like me? I had to know.. And how do I know if he doesn't want to even talk..

I waited for 2 days for him to talk to me. When he didn't I couldn't take it anymore. I waited for him to leave the office. He went to his car and I stood in front of it.

Vikram saw me and his face changed.
"Move", he said

I walked to him.
" Ignoring me again? What mistake did I do this time ", I asked

Vikram didn't look at me but kept his head down.

" Sree I do not want to talk about.. "

"Why? Do you think if you ignore me, what happened will disappear, at least have the curtesy to look at me", I said , my voice raising.

He slowly looked into my eyes. His eyes showed guilt?

" Fine,.. I thought you would never want to talk to me after what happened, I needed some time.. Because what happened was wrong, it shouldn't have happened ", he said, his eyes depicting pain

I froze, he.. He thought it was wrong? As much as I told myself that, I couldn't disagree more, what happened was natural, like it was meant to be.

" Sree, if possible we will try to forget that.. It's my mistake maybe it was because of the music, the place, any explanation I give won't justify that, what I did to our friendship, we can forget it but that will take some time", he said.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Forget that? Was he ashamed to have almost kissed me. I just wanted to run away from that place.

"So.. You choose to not talk.. We can forget that", I said weakly

" Sree, believe me this is good for both of us, for our friendship.. We need some time off", he said and gestured me to move out the way.

He then went to his car, while I looked at him. My mind flashed to that night. It wasn't a mistake. He doesn't like me. . A tear fell from my eye. It pained, a pain I had never felt before.

A week passed and I didn't speak to Vikram. But every time I saw him, my heart spoke. Just that he couldn't hear it. I couldn't help it. I tried concentrating on my work and friends.

I informed Raya and Akshara about what had happened. They were so excited and told me to wait as Vikram might not have understood yet. I didn't want to bring any hope as I would be disappointed. But I couldn't help but wait for him to talk again.
Deepa was so surprised when she heard about it. "He likes you", she said

One Wednesday, I was working on a project when Sanjay came to me. Deepa was on leave that day.

" Sree, I need your help", he said