VI- Pansy Parkinson

TW: suicide attempt

Anna's POV

The next day passed by slowly. My hand was aching throughout the day and I couldn't even begin to imagine how much Harry's hand would be hurting at the end of the week. I had to find something to heal them, surely we wouldn't be the only students she would torture. If I could help the other students, I would have to work hard for it.

During potion, I looked in my book for medicinal potions after giving my essay to Snape.

"What are you doing, Miss Potter?" he asked me. I hadn't notice he had walk to my desk.

"Looking through my potion notebook, sir." I gave him an innocent smile, I knew he hated whenever I did this.

"And why is that?"

"Well, surely you have realized that I actually like potions by now, professor."

"Give me your book now, Miss potter," he instructed and extended his hand. I closed the book and gave it to him.

"As you wish."

He went back to the lesson, always trying t find a way to catch me in the wrong again. Although it was annoying, at least he left my brother and Neville alone. I was glad, Harry would probably answer back, he was probably as angry as I normally was these days and he couldn't afford more detention. Angelina was already mad at him for getting himself in detention Friday.

The rest of the day went by slowly, except for Herbology class. It was always nice and I worked well with Neville. It was probably his best class and it was always nice to see him be thrilled about plants. 

After dinner, I went back to the common room with Neville and I played a game of exploding snaps with Fred and George. I watched in worry as Harry left the common room for yet another detention. I waited for him to come back along with Hermione and Ron. I didn't feel like talking so I simply took a book and tried to find healing plants or potions in it. After a quick check up on Harry, we all went up to our dorms.

I laid in my bed, tossing around. I had been trying to fall asleep for hours now. Maybe just minutes. I didn't have a good idea of time. I decided to get up and went in the common room. I looked around but knew I would be bored, so I decided to go to the astronomy tower. I had always found it nice there and I hadn't talk to my parents and Cedric for a while now.

I walked quietly, trying to listen for footsteps or Filch's cat. She was a nightmare, worse than Filch himself. I got the the astronomy staircase without trouble and walked up, expecting to be alone as always. However, when I opened the door, I was Pansy Parkinson there.

She was standing on the barrier that separated us from a fatal fall, still holding onto the wall. My heart beating strongly and fast in my chest, I carefully walked closer to her and softly called her name. Pansy turned her head towards me and I noticed tears streaming down her face as well as a letter scrunched in her free hand.

"Get away Potter," Pansy spat, her voice shaking. I put my hands up in surrender and slowly extended them towards Pansy.

"Pansy, what are you doing?" I walked closer, being careful of my moves. I didn't want her to jump.

"None of your fucking business Potter! Leave," she yelled. I stopped in my tracks, my muscles tensed and ready to move fast if she decided to jump.

"Pansy, please get down. I don't know what's going on in your life right now, but please get down here."

"Why would I?"

"It's not worth it Pansy, please," I begged. "We can talk about it if you want, or we can just ignore it, but please get down."