Slumber party

Edward, Jasper, Emmett and Carlisle went to hunt in the weekend to California where there were mountain lions. It would be a 'women only' weekend. Since Edward and the rest of our family didn't want (during Edward's absence) Bella to hang out with Jacob and the other werewolves, Alice suggested taking Bella to our place so she could spend the weekend with us.

Bella was working at the Newton family store, and it was Edward who picked her up from work. So Alice and I waited inside Edward's Volvo for Bella to get out, she wasn't expecting it. I was already in the back seat so Bella could sit next to Alice. While we were waiting for her, Alice had put on some music, and we were singing.

Bella soon got in the car.

"Hey, Alice, Violet. Where's your brother?"

We ignored her question and kept singing. Bella closed the door and covered her ears, the volume was really loud. Alice laughed and turned off the music, locked the doors and turned on the car.

"What's going on? Where is Edward?" Bella repeated the question.

"They left early." Alice answered.

"Oh" Bella said, half disappointed, she must have been waiting for him.

"All the boys went, and we're having a slumber party!" I said.

"A slumber party?" she sounded suspicious.

"Aren't you excited?" Alice asked her.

"You two are kidnapping me, aren't you?"

Alice laughed.

"Technically only Alice is. I'm not the one driving the car." I told her.

"Till Saturday. Esme cleared it with Charlie; you're staying with us two nights, and I will drive you to and from school tomorrow."

Bella didn't seem really happy.

"Sorry. He paid me off." Alice said.

"How?"

"The Porsche. It's exactly like the one Alice stole in Italy." I answered.

"I'm not supposed to drive it around Forks, but if you want, we could see how long it takes to get from here to L.A. — I bet I could have you back by midnight."

"I think I'll pass." Bella said.

Then we got home and Alice parked the car in the garage. She got out and stroke her hand on the yellow Porsche parked beside the Volvo.

"Pretty, isn't it?"

"Pretty over-the-top. He gave you that just for two days of holding me hostage?"

Alice made a face.

"It's for every time he's gone, isn't it?"

I nodded while we got out of the car.

"Alice, don't you think this is just a little bit controlling? Just a tiny bit psychotic, maybe?"

"Not really. You don't seem to grasp how dangerous a young werewolf can be. Especially when I can't see them. Edward has no way to know if you're safe. You shouldn't be so reckless."

Bella looked at me when Alice mentioned the werewolves.

"Yes, because a vampire slumber party is the pinnacle of safety conscious behavior."

Alice and I laughed.

"I'll give you a pedicure and everything." Alice told her.

We walked in the house and Esme was already waiting with food. She made italian.