Quileute legends and revelations

They were all together around the campfire enjoying hot dogs. Billy Black, Jake's father, Emily, Sam, Paul, Jared, Embry, Quil, Sue Clearwater and her children Leah and Seth, some other children, and Bella, Jake, Grace and me. Billy then began to tell about the Quileute legends.

"In the beginning the Quileutes were a small tribe, we're still a small tribe, but we've never disappear, and that's because there was always magic in our blood. We started as spirit warriors. Kaheleha was the first great Spirit Chief in our history. He used the magic to defend our land. Taha Aki was the first to turn into a wolf, after he'd asked a wolf to share his body with him. The wolves were all different, because they were spirit wolves and reflected the man they were inside."

"So that's why Sam is all black." Quil murmured. "Black heart, black fur."

"And your chocolate fur reflects what?" Sam whispered to Quil. "How sweet you are?"

"Someday, a different creature came to the village. It looked like a man, but it was hard as a rock. The creature had killed two women of the village. It had a brutal strength and an inhuman speed. They called it The Cold One, the Blood Drinker. Many years later a bigger coven came, and the great-grandchildren of Taha Aki prepared to fight them off. But the leader spoke to Ephraim Black as if he were a man, and promised not to harm the Quileutes. His strange yellow eyes gave some proof to his claim that they were not the same as other blood drinkers. They proposed a treaty and Ephraim accepted. They've stayed true to their side, though their presence does tend to draw in others." Billy completed his story, the last part about Carlisle and his treaty with the werewolves, all these years they never knew about my kind, Carlisle and the other Cullens thought they didn't know about the witches yet, when in fact I was hanging out with the werewolves.

The story ended, and at the end, everyone was silent thinking about the legend. When Billy had finished speaking and everyone was back to talking, Jacob spoke up, "C'mon, Bells."

"Are you coming too?" Bella asked Grace and I.

"No, Bella. Jake will take you to the edge of La Push where Edward will be waiting. As soon as Jake gets back, Grace and I will go." I said, although deep down I wanted to tell my family about it right away, the only ones who wouldn't freak out would be Esme and Carlisle.

"See you later then." and she left with Jake.

I noticed that Billy, even though he knew the truth about me, was still looking at me suspiciously. A little later, I spotted Jacob returning with his motorcycle, so Grace and I got into the car and drove away.

"Do you intend to tell your family the truth?" Grace asked me on the way home.

"Yes, I do. I can't lie for so long. Someday they will have to know."

We arrived in front of my house.

"Wish me luck."

I walked into the house. Esme was already waiting for me, but before she could say anything I said, "I need to speak with everyone." I announced while my entire family went to the living room.

Rosalie, Emmett, Jasper, Alice, Esme and Carlisle sat on the couches. Edward was at Bella's.

"What do you want to talk to us about, Violet?" Carlisle asked me.

I let out a long sigh, and started to speak. " You all know that I am a great liar, but I can never lie to you. And I don't want to keep lying. I don't want you to freak out or anything. I've been hanging out with the werewolves." I said, ripping off the bandaid.

"WHAT?" Rosalie and Alice screamed.

"Do you realize how dangerous this is? " Alice said.

"After Alice took Bella to Italy, Jacob and I were left at Bella's house. We packed up the house and left before Charlie arrived. I had no way to get here, as Alice had asked me to do. I hate teleporting and try to avoid it as much as possible, Jacob was on his motorcycle and brought me here. And I have been talking to him ever since. That day, the day Alice, Bella and Edward arrived in Forks from Italy, I was not at Sarah's house, I was with Jacob and his friends on the beach at La Push."

Esme went to say something, but I interrupted her.

"Today the person who called me to ask me out for a night out was not Mark Newton, but Jacob. Grace and I went to his house. And before you think anything, no, I am not dating Jacob Black, we are just friends." I finished speaking, so I gave space to anyone who wanted to say something.

Then Esme broke the silence. "Dear, I am glad that you have decided to be honest with us."

"Do they know what you are? The real reason we didn't let the werewolves near you is because they didn't know about your existence, and we didn't know how they would react." Carlisle spoke.

"I told them about me and the other witches who live in Forks. They accepted and I am the only Cullen who can go to La Push."

"It's still dangerous for you to hang around with them, Violet. They can turn at any moment and can hurt you, Bella, or any of your witch friends. " Alice warned me.

"Alice, they all have their transformation under control, and besides, I am very capable of defending myself, contrary to what you think."

"We know you can defend yourself, Violet. But we're afraid that you'll get hurt again, because of one of them." Rosalie said, mentioning indirectly Ryan and Thomas.

"Again? Have you ever been attacked by a werewolf before, Violet?" Carlisle asked worriedly.

I looked at Rose. 'Don't mention Thomas, please' I said, using my telepathy.

"It wasn't like that..." I turned to Esme.

"She wasn't attacked by a werewolf, Dear. Some years ago, a werewolf Violet was dating at the time abandoned her..." Esme said, she would probably tell Carlisle straight after, when the others were gone so we wouldn't have to go through the embarrassment of my virginity again.