Seattle murders

After class, Alice, Edward, Bella and I were walking out of the school toward the parking lot. When Alice began to tell about her vision, "I have foreseen..." she started talking, but Edward threw an elbow towards her ribs, and she dodged. "Fine. Edward is making me do this. But I did foresee that you would be more difficult if I surprised you."

We were going to where the car was parked.

"In English?" Bella asked.

"Don't be a baby about this. No tantrums."

"Now I'm scared."

"So you're — I mean we're — having a graduation party. It's no big thing. Nothing to freak out over. But I saw that youwould freak out if I tried to make it a surprise party." Alice said. "and Edward said I had to tell you. But it's nothing. Promise."

Bella sighed.

"Is there any point in arguing?" she still had some hope.

"None at all."

"Okay, Alice. I'll be there. And I'll hate every minute of it. Promise."

"That's the spirit! By the way, I love my gift. You shouldn't have."

"Alice, I didn't!"

"Oh, I know that. But you will."

"Amazing. How can someone so tiny be so annoying?" I said, Edward laughed, so did Alice.

"It's a talent." Alice joked. She was really short, she must have been 4'10'' (147 cm) tall at most. I was the youngest of the family and I was at least a foot taller than her.

"Couldn't you have waited a few weeks to tell me about this? Now I'll just be stressed that much longer."

"Bella, do you know what day it is?" Alice asked her.

"Monday?"

Alice rolled her eyes.

"Yes. It is Monday... the fourth."

"It's the fourth? Of June? Are you sure?"

Alice nodded.

"It can't be! How did that happen?" Bella asked. I really wanted to read her mind at this point, she was impressed by something specific, but I wouldn't know because Bella is different.

We all got in the car. Edward was driving, Bella by his side, she was a little off. Alice and I were in the backseat. As always, Edward dropped us at home and then went to take Bella home.

We got out of the car and walked home. Edward left us a few miles from the house.

"So, how is your werewolf friend doing?" Alice asked, I couldn't tell if she was being sarcastic or not, but I answered her question anyway.

"Fine, I guess..."

"You actually lied pretty well for the usual. Your voice didn't change in tone or anything. Tell me, when you went to the beach, did nothing in particular happen?"

"I think my lying skills are getting better. Are you asking me if we kissed or something?"

"Yeah, you're never like that with boys. You really like going out with him."

"Alice I already told you, he is just a friend. Besides, if he had the chance to be my "soul mate" I would be his imprint."

"It doesn't mean you two can't fall in love."

"I know, but I consider him a friend. Best friend. And the only male friends I have are Emmett, Jasper and Edward, and they don't even count because they are family."

"I understand... But I feel that it won't take long to find your partner."

We walked home, strangely Carlisle was already at home, he usually was at work.

"I am glad you have arrived." Carlisle spoke.

"What happened?" we both asked.

"There is a killing spree going on in Seattle, I'm pretty sure it's vampires, more than one. I'd appreciate it if you didn't leave the house too much until this is over." Carlisle said.

"But do I have to go to school? Or is that enough of an excuse for me to drop out? " I asked, hoping I wouldn't need to go to school anymore.

"You can go to school, you'll always have Edward or Alice around, so I don't worry too much. But I don't want you to visit your friends or go to La Push. You can leave the house outside of school hours only if you are with one of us, okay?"

"Okay..."

Mass vampires attacking a large city? That will be interesting.