Making plans

It was Wednesday, lunch time, we sat down again at a table just us, me, Edward, Alice and Bella.

"You can't be serious." Bella spoke. "You've completely lost your mind!"

"Say whatever you like about me," Alice answered. "The party is still on."

"Oh, calm down, Bella! There's no reason not to go through with it. Besides, the invitations are already sent." I said.

"But... the... you... I... insane!" Bella spluttered.

"You've already bought my present. You don't have to do anything but show up." Alice said.

Bella tried to calm down.

"With everything that is going on right now, a party is hardly appropriate." Bella said.

"Graduation is what's going on right now, and a party is so appropriate it's almost passé."

"Alice!"

Alice sighed and tried to be serious.

"There are a few things we need to get in order now, and that's going to take a little time. As long as we're sitting here waiting, we might as well commemorate the good stuff. You're only going to graduate from high school — for the first time — once. You don't get to be human again, Bella. This is a once-in-a-lifetime shot."

Edward flashed Alice a warning look, and she stuck her tongue out to him.

"What few things do we need to get in order?"

"Jasper thinks we could use some help. Tanya's family isn't the only choice we have. Carlisle's trying to track down a few old friends, and Jasper is looking up Peter and Charlotte. He's considering talking to Maria... but no one really wants to involve the southerners." Edward spoke.

"When are you going?" Bella asked him.

"A week. That ought to give us enough time."

"You look kind of green, Bella," I said.

Bella was thoughtful for a moment.

"You're looking for help,"

"Yes." Alice said.

"I could help."

"There's not enough time to make you helpful, Bella."

"Violet, couldn't your witch friends help like you?" Bella asked me.

"Bella, it's going to be hard enough for me to get a broom and an invisibility cloak for myself, imagine for 7 other witches..."

"Since you came up with the idea I thought you had the broom and the cloak." Alice said.

"The broom is easy to get, but the cloak not everyone has. I got it after Edward went back to my childhood home and managed to get the grimoires, some ingredients, and everything witchy my mother had left." I said.

"And why can't you go without the claok or the broom?" Bella asked me.

"Without the broom we stay on the ground, where the newborns can find us by smell, even using the cloak, and even if I use my power to manipulate the sense of smell, it wouldn't work. They will attack everyone who is around and who is not theirs. On the ground we are slow, with the broom we are fast, but the vampires can still reach us, with the cloak it will be more difficult, and I will have the broom to run away in case they find me."

"After school tomorrow I'm going hunting with Carlisle, Esme, and Rosalie. Just for a few hours — we'll stay close. Alice, Jasper, and Emmett should be able to keep you safe."

"Ugh. I hate being babysat." Bella said.

"It's temporary."

"Jasper will be bored. Emmett will make fun of me."

"They'll be on their best behavior."

"You know... I haven't been to La Push since the bonfire." Bella started speaking, I understood what she wanted, instead of having the three stooges as her babysitters she wanted to stay in La Push with Jake. "I'd be safe enough there."

Edward thought for a few seconds.

"You're probably right."

"I can't believe it..." I spoke.

"What?" Bella asked me.

"Since you're staying in La Push I'll be babysat by the three stooges."

"You can just go to La Push with me." Bella suggested.

"No, Bella. Carlisle has given Violet specific orders, she can't leave the house without one of us vampires." Edward said.

"Nor go to her witch friends' house?"

I shook my head.

"At this time I wish there was a vampire in the family my age who wasn't as thick-headed as you fools who think I can't take care of myself."

Edward chuckled.

"You could invite one of them to your house, or take Alice wherever you want to go." Bella suggested, already feeling sorry for me for leaving me alone in this.

"I don't want any of them to have to go through embarrassing situations because of Emmett, and they are not close enough to Alice for me to take them. I guess I'll have to make some plans until then..."

When I got back home I started to think of a plan. With Edward gone, no one would read my mind. I would have to come up with a really good plan, and for Alice not to have a vision with the plan, I would need one of the werewolves.

At last I thought of a clever plan. Emmett, Jasper and Alice would be home, they would probably be bored, I would lock the bedroom door, the only person who would come in to talk to me would be Alice. I would be in my room, then I would teleport to the forest, where one of the werewolves would be waiting for me and would take me to La Push or to one of the witches' houses. As soon as I thought of everything, I grabbed my cell phone and teleported into the forest, so that I wouldn't be overheard by any of the vampires.

I called Jake.

"Jake?"

"Hey, Doll. What's up?"

"I need you. You probably already know that Bella will spend the weekend with you while Edward, Rosalie and my parents are out, right?"

"Yeah, Bella told me."

"I'm not allowed to go out without a vampire with me. But I have a perfect plan to sneak out of the house without being seen."

"Tell me."

"I'll be in my room, I'll lock the door. You werewolves somehow block Alice's visions, so I'll teleport myself to the woods and you or one of your friends can wait for me and pick me up and take me to one of my friends house."

"Wow, you're really clever, aren't you?"

"I was born to be a Slytherin, wasn't I?"

"What? Whatever... so I'll meet you in the woods this weekend. See you later then."

I came home as if nothing had happened.