The three sisters

" The first thing you need to know is that your mother, Abigail and I were not born in the 20th century. The three of us were born in England, before the 10th century." Helen spoke.

"You lied to me?" I asked.

"For his own sake, and Grace's too." she said. "Her mother and aunt never had parents. They grew up just having each other and knowing they were sisters. When your mother was about eight years old and your aunt was about six, we met, I was seven at the time and also had no parents. We became friends instantly, we treated each other like sisters. When your mother was 14, she started to develop her powers, when I was 13, almost at the same time as her, I also started to develop mine, and your aunt, at 14 as well. We lived isolated from society, in those days it was easy to be accused of witchcraft, and most of the people accused were not even witches. Her mother and aunt were the most powerful witches I have ever met, but of course, they were the daughters of powerful creatures too. When your mother turned 25, she stopped aging, I stopped at 24 and Abigail at 23. When we started to mix more in society, your mother met a man, the two of them had only one affair, they never got married or anything. Her mother got pregnant. 9 months later Jane and Alec were born. They both had blue eyes like Evelyn's. Jane was blonde like her father, the only resemblance she had to Evelyn was her eyes. Alec looked just like Evelyn."

I fell on my knees. I was the sister of Jane and Alec. Carlisle helped me get to the couch.

"It's not possible!" Edward spoke.

"But it is. Does any of you know Jane and Alec's story?" Helen asked.

"Aro met them in England. From what I heard, they were about 5 years old, and he was delighted that they were twins, which was rare at the time. Aro saw that the children would have extraordinary powers, and made a deal with their mother. When they were both about 12 or 13 they were accused of witchcraft and taken to the stake, and were being burned when Aro saved them and transformed them. That's what I know." Carlisle spoke.

" That's it. But there were a few details missing. The three of us took a blood oath after the twins were born. We would protect and care for each other's children if anything happened. Only Evelyn was afraid about Alec, because he would not be immortal like the rest of us. When the Volturi came offering the deal, he promised that the children would be very well protected and cared for by him, and the only thing Evelyn wanted was for both of them to be saved. She regretted tremendously over the years that she had left the children in Aro's care. Evelyn watched her children ''grow up'' from afar. But she was devastated by Jane. Jane is the most sadistic person anyone could know, and she probably wouldn't be like that if she had been raised by us, but she pulled on Lilith's side. Jane was a very sweet girl with everyone, we were always charmed by her, no one would have guessed that that little girl would turn into what she is today. Alec always pulled a little more on Zacariah's side, but he follows his sister's influence. "

"Do they know about this?" Carlisle asked, he was talking about Jane and Alec.

"I took the liberty of finding out, but they don't know, I already checked. They have no idea that their mother was a witch. But Aro does, and he knows about their relationship with Violet, he found out the day he saw Edward's mind. That's why Aro is very interested in Violet, he tried to get me, Evelyn and Abigail to join his Guard, but we didn't accept. But he was really interested in Evelyn, and not much in the rest of us. Since Evelyn died, Violet is next in line." Helen spoke.

"And what exactly does he want with me?" I asked her.

"I have a theory. Aro knows that you are a Cullen and that you probably won't accept to join his Guard. But your bloodline will always be very powerful, no matter how many generations pass. I think he would be very interested if you had a daughter."

A daughter? I didn't even have a boyfriend, how would I have a daughter? Thankfully I've never thought about having children.

"That's not a problem, Violet. You'll certainly find someone someday. Less and less witches have children these days, so our number will decrease slowly." Helen said, she'd read my mind.

"What did she think?" Esme asked.

"She doesn't have a boyfriend, even less children. And she doesn't intend to have any."

In tha moment I looked at Rosalie, who was pretty angry, but not with me, but with the fact that I have an opportunity of having kids and not using it.