00. JUST A DREAM

GOY2
PROGLOGUE: JUST A DREAM

GOY2PROGLOGUE: JUST A DREAM

he couldn't move.

no matter how hard stiles tired, he couldn't shift an inch. he couldn't move his legs. he couldn't raise his arms. he couldn't turn his head to the side. he couldn't blink or move his eyes, forced to look at the sight in front of him. an invisible force held him hostage, practically freezing him in the face of time.

stiles was in scott's bedroom. at least, that's what it looked like. from what he could see within his line of vision, there were frequent piles of dirty clothes left upon the floor. an old, unused inhaler sat upon his desk, illuminated by the warmth of a little lamp. he was tucked away in a corner, giving him a view of practically the whole area. it was raining outside, pellets of rain slamming against the window besides him. every patter sent a jolt into his darkening heart, barely beating beneath his cool skin. the room looked warm, the light of the lamp seeping into every corner. except the one in which he stood. that corner was mere darkness. dank. dirty. dingy. he wasn't even sure that the two other beings inside the room could see him.

but he could see them. it was a sight that was enough to break a man into pieces. maybe he would shatter to the floor — then he wouldn't have to look at the sight in front of him.

his lover was in another man's arms. specifically, his best friend's arms.

aurora looked as angelic as ever. she was so tiny, pretty little head rested upon scott's shoulder. she was perched ever so perfectly upon his lap, tiny sock clad feet swinging inches above the floor. she had on an oversized jersey, maroon covering most of her little form. number 11. her hair was in its natural loose waves, shimmering in the low light of the room. such a pretty little thing, too bad she was being held by another.

there was a tanned pair of arms wrapped around her dainty waist. scott's hands rubbed tenderly at the fabric covered skin, worshipping the skin that only stiles had ever touched. the latter was heartbroken at the scene, unblinking eyes filling with tears as he begged his body to move. with the back of aurora's head against scott's broad shoulders, his chin rest against rory's smaller one. a permanent grin was etched upon his lips, as though he knew what he had stolen aurora from stiles' arms. they were holding one another so close, as though stiles weren't even in the room, stood watching them with a broken heart.

they were laughing at something on her phone. the werewolf's arms tightened around aurora's waist, ensuring that she didn't wonder. she was so tiny and so in need of a protector. scott seemed to be doing the job ever so well, keeping her close. she would never slip between his fingers.

stiles' best friend lifted his head, shuffling slightly so that he got a view of rory's pretty face in all of it's glory. the angel looked up from her phone, their eyes meeting with a spark. they wore matching grins, as though there was no one left in the world besides them. it was their own personal playground. they could do anything as long as they were together.