Defending my imprint

Today would be the day Bella'd wake up as a vampire. Almost everyone in the family was waiting for Bella on the last floor, where her body was. It was a precaution, maybe she would feel Renesmee's scent and would want to attack, so everybody was there. Emmett and Jasper were the ones who were closer to her, Emmett was the strongest and Jasper was the expert in newborn vampires. Alice, Carlisle and Esme were behind them. Rose, Jake and I were in the living room with Renesmee.

Then we heard Bella and Edward leaving to hunt. The rest of the family went back to the living room.

"How is she?" I asked.

"She's okay. I was surprised by her self control." Carlisle said.

I remembered the bet Emmet and I made with Jasper.

"I think we'll win the bet." Emmett said smiling at Jasper and I. We high fived.

"Don't be so sure about it." Jasper said.

I sat beside Jake, while Renesmee was being held by Esme. That scene was so cute to watch. Esme holding a baby in her arms, who now looked like a six-month old.

"May I hold her?" Jake asked akwardly.

"No way, dog. Even more now that you've had an imprint on her." Rosalie said.

"Come on, Rose. Let him hold her for a little, nothing will happen." I told her.

She made a face to me. Esme gave Renesmee to Jake, who held her without knowing what to do, he must've never held a baby before. I started reading his mind, when he started calling Renesmee by another name. Nessie.

"Nessie? Where did that come from?" I said, chuckling.

"Sometimes I forget Edward's not the only one who can read minds in this family..." Jake said. "It's from the Loch Ness monster... and I thought it was a cute nickname so I wouldn't have to use such a long name all the time."

A while after this, Bella and Edward came back from their hunting trip, Jake went to greet them outside, so Bella could get used to his smell before seeing Nessie.

We went all outside. Rosalie stayed further from us since she was holding Renesmee. Bella saw her and was shocked by her appearance, I'd be too, the girl didn't look like she was born two days ago.

"I was out just two days?" Bella asked.

Renesmee had Edward's hair, but she had curls. Her eyes were just like Bella's when she was a human, chocolate brown. She was a perfect mix of them.

Nessie turned, looked at Bella and smiled. Her little teeth showed. Bella stepped forward. Emmett, Jasper, Esme and Carlisle got closer to her, always afraid that something would happen.

"Oh, give her some credit. She wasn't going to do anything. You'd want a closer look, too." I said.

"I'm okay," Bella promised. "Keep close, though, just in case."

When Renesmee heard Bella's voice she struggled in Rose's arms, reaching toward Bella.

"Jazz, Em, let us through. Bella's got this." Edward told them.

"Edward, the risk—," Jasper said.

"Minimal. Listen, Jasper—on the hunt she caught the scent of some hikers who were in the wrong place at the wrong time..." Edward starting saying.

Emmett and I looked at each other, disappointed.

"Edward!" Carlisle chastened. "How could you be so irresponsible?"

"I know, Carlisle, I know. I was just plain stupid. I should have taken the time to make sure we were in a safe zone before I set her loose."

"Edward," Bella mumbled.