Dating proposal

I got up from the floor with difficulty, I had probably broken a rib, but I could fix that with my powers later. Seth turned into a human and was carried by Jake to our house. Bella, regretful, helped me into the house. Everyone went into the living room.

"I'm so sorry, Seth. I should have been closer." Edward apologized. "Violet, you shouldn't have interfered."

I rolled my eyes.

"Seth, Violet, I—" Bella started apologizing.

"Don't worry about it, Bella, Violet and I are totally fine," Seth said.

"Bella, love, no one is judging you. You're doing so well." Edward said.

Jake was outside with Renesmee, protecting her from Bella. Carlisle secured another piece of the brace to Seth's arm, who winced in pain.

"Sorry, sorry!" Bella mumbled.

"Don't freak, Bella," Seth said. "I'll be back to normal in half an hour. Anyone would have done the same, what with Jake and Ness— I mean, at least you didn't bite me or nything. That would've sucked."

I used my healing to make the scratches on my face disappear.

"I'm a bad person." Bella said.

"Of course you aren't. I should have—," Edward started.

"Stop that," Bella sighed.

"Lucky thing Ness—Renesmee's not venomous. Cause she bites Jake all the time." Seth said.

"She does?" Bella asked.

"Sure. Whenever he and Rose don't get dinner in her mouth fast enough. Rose thinks it's pretty hilarious." I told her.

"Well, Seth, I think that's as much as I can do. Try to not move for, oh, a few hours, I guess. I wish treating humans were this instantaneously gratifying. Stay still." Carlisle said, and he went back to his office.

"I can probably manage sitting still for a while." Seth said, and he yawned.

I was sitting beside him, and I let his head rest on my shoulder so he could sleep.

I noticed Bella was a little restless.

"What's the matter, Bella?" I asked her.

"I was thinking about Charlie." she told me.

"Ah" Jasper murmured.

"We really have to leave, don't we?" Bella asked. "For a while, at the very least. Pretend we're in Atlanta or something."

I had completely forgotten that part. But I'd stay in Forks if my family had to leave.

"Yes. It's the only way to protect your father." Jasper said.

"I'm going to miss him so much. I'll miss everyone here."

After some time, Carlisle came down the stairs with some things in hand.

"Must be six," Edward said.

"So?" Bella asked.

"Time to measure Ness—er, Renesmee." Carlisle explained.

"Oh. You do this every day?"

"Four times a day,"

"Four times? Every day? Why?" Bella asked.

"She's still growing quickly," Edward said.

"What do we do?" Bella whispered, horrified.

"I don't know."

"It's slowing," Jake muttered.

"We'll need several more days of measurements to track the trend, Jacob. I can't make any promises." Carlisle said.

"Yesterday she grew two inches. Today it's less." Jake said.

"By a thirty-second of an inch, if my measurements are perfect," Carlisle said.

"Be perfect, Doc,"

"You know I'll do my best," Carlisle assured Jake.

Jake sighed. "Guess that's all I can ask."

Renesmee seemed irritated. Jake, who was holding her, was sat at the end of the couch, by my side. She started reaching toward me so she could show me what she wanted.

"What does she want?" Jake asked me.

"Bella, of course," I said, and then turned to Bella. "How are you?"

"Worried," she admitted.

"We all are. But that's not what I meant."

"I'm in control," she promised.

Renesmee reached for Bella, who took her from Jake. Renesmee put her hand on Bella's cheek.

"Oh, wonderful," Bella groaned. "Perfect."

"It's just because he tastes better than the rest of us," Edward said, annoyed.

I was not understanding what was going on, I didn't see what Ness showed Bella.

"I told you she likes me, too," Jake said.

"It looks like she's going to give you a rundown of everything you missed," Edward said.

With my hand I touched where I had bruised my ribs, and then with just a touch, I was brand new. Seth woke up, he seemes agitated, like he had woken up and remembered something important.

"Jake," Seth called. "I know it wasn't supposed to be like this, but I think it's a good time."

"Want me to pick it up?" Jake asked him.

"Please."

Edward, reading Seth's and Jake's thoughts, smiled. My whole family was in the living room. No one was understanding what was happening, no one besides Seth, Jake and Edward. Jake quickly left. Nessie watched him go curiously.

Renesmee, after being in Bella's lap for a while, turned to me and reached for me to take her.

"It's impressive how much she likes you, Vi." Bella told me.

"Renesmee seems to have a special bond with Violet, since she was the first to hold her after me." Edward said.

I held Ness in my arms and sat on the couch beside Seth again. Now he seemed nervous.

Jake was back, but he stayed by the front dor, he was holding something and was trying to hide it. Seth, now almost healed, went to Jake.

They both came to the living room.

"It won't be like I had planned. Even more so after the incident outside." Seth said.

Jake looked at me and Seth, grinning. Seth got closer to me and got on his knee. Renesmee was watching everything and laughing.

Everyone's attention were on us.

"Violet, would you like to officially date me?" Seth asked me.

OH. MY GOD. Seth asked me to date him in front of my entire family! I had never being asked like this before...

"Yes!" I said.

Everyone cheered and had smiles on their faces.

Seth game me bouquet of flowers, which he had been hiding behind him. Lastly he gave me a bracelet, which seemed to be handmade.

"You made this?" I asked.

"Yes... Jake helped me a little..."

He put the bracelet on me and we kissed. Renesmee was chuckling and smiling. I was officially and finally dating!