Children of the Moon

" I don't know if it would be uncomfortable for you to tell a little bit about your history and what brought you here?" Carlisle asked.

"Of course, Mr. Cullen." Ryan spoke.

Always so polite.

"Please, call me Carlisle."

"Okay, Carlisle." Ryan said. "I think Violet must have told you that we have known each other since we were little and have been friends ever since."

"With benefits..." Emmett mumbled.

I gave him a look so he would shut up.

"I never knew that my sister and my mother were witches, I never even suspected it. Well, not before that night..." he started, looking at Rose, he was talking about her last night as a human. "I was in my room sleeping, when I heard my brother coming home late at night. I heard my mother go up to him and start cussing him out, saying that he was smelling of booze. My mother, as soon as he got home, had found out what he had done. I heard my mother go into Grace's room next door to mine and ask her to pack her things because they were going to run away. I didn't understand a thing, so my mother went into my room and also asked me to pack my things, but my father saw that she was leaving and didn't allow me to go with her.."

"You ran away from home, didn't you?" Grace asked him.

"Yes. After a week I packed my things and ran away while he was sleeping. I didn't know where I was going, but I just couldn't stay at home with that man anymore... One full moon night, I was "camping" in a forest near the border between Canada and New York when I was attacked. It was the biggest creature I had ever seen, a huge wolf. I managed to get away from there, to go near a town. But the creature had scratched me, and just from the scratch I could get infected. But to me it wasn't a werewolf, werewolves don't exist, I told myself. The other night, the day after I was attacked, I was in the street, it was dark and empty, when I began to feel the greatest pain I had ever felt in my life. Something in my head made me realize that I was transforming into a werewolf. It was torture, the first transformation took about 2 or 3 hours to happen. And when I turned into a werewolf, I completely lost my feelings and everything that made me me me. I really seemed to be a wild animal."

"And you two, how was it?" Esme asked Thomas and Janet.

"We lived in Columbus, Ohio. I remember I was always kind of a rebel, I would run away from home when I had a fight with my mom or my brother, but I always came back within two or three days. But the last time I ran away, I never came back." Janet spoke. "I always liked to hide in forests that were a few miles from home, I always went there when I ran away. But I had never met any creatures like vampires or werewolves there. I was almost killed by that werewolf... He bit me on the leg, he was ready to kill me. Luckily I've always been used to climb trees and stuff, so I climbed up as fast as I could, even though my leg was hurt. I stayed up in the tree until dawn, which is when the werewolf came out. I climbed down, or rather, threw myself down, because with my leg like that, it was difficult to get down. I picked up the few things I had brought with me and limping my way home. But this forest I was going to was far from home, and it seemed even farther when I could barely walk. Night came again and when the full moon appeared I began to change. It was also the worst pain I ever felt in my life."

Esme was looking at Janet with pity. That rebellious personality she probably took from her father.

"And Janet was the one who transformed me. I used to meet her in secret after she was turned, and she didn't want out mother to know what she was, but she trusted me. Some night she lost control and bit me." Thomas spoke.

"If you don't mind, we'd like to know more about your species. You know, we've met werewolves before-" Carlisle spoke, pointing to Jake and Seth. "they turn when they want, but we've never met someone like you before."

"As you know, we turn every full moon, and we turn back human in the sun rise." Janet spoke.

"You're called werewolves or does it have another name?" Carlisle asked.

"Werewolves are actually like the kid beside Violet," Thomas said, talking about Seth. "The correct name is Childen of the Moon, since we turn every month."

"In your human form do you have other inhuman abilities?" Edward asked.

"We have more strength. Janet is the strongest of us. We're faster, not like you vampires, but faster than humans. We have better agility, healing, more keen senses and we're immortal." Thomas said.

"However whenever we turn we become monsters. We feed on humans, that's why vampires hate us so much." Ryan completed .

"You also feed on human blood?" Carlisle asked.

"Human meat." Ryan said.