News and arm wrestling

Charlie had just left.

"Edward, I did it!" Bella said.

"You did. You were unbelievable. All that worrying over being a newborn, and then you skip it altogether."

"I'm not even sure she's really a vampire, let alone a newborn," Emmett called from under the stairs. "She's too tame."

Bellla snarled to him.

"Oooo, scary," Emmett laughed.

Renesmee, who was in Bella's arms, was confused, she touched Bella's cheek with her hand.

"Charlie will be back tomorrow," Bella told her.

"Excellent," Emmett said.

"Not brilliant, Emmett," Edward said.

"What do you mean?" Emmett demanded.

"It's a little dense, don't you think, to antagonize the strongest vampire in the house?"

Emmett snorted. "Please!"

"Bella," Edward murmured. "do you remember a few months ago, I asked you to do me a favor once you were immortal?"

"Oh!" she remembered and gasped.

"What?" Emmett growled.

"Really?" she asked Edward.

"Trust me,"

Bella took a deep breath. "Emmett, how do you feel about a little bet?"

I got up from the couch when I heard the word 'bet'.

"Awesome. Bring it." he said. "Unless you're too afraid...?"

"I can't wait to see this..." I said, then turned to Emmett and tapped his shoulder. "It was nice meeting you, brother."

He made a face at me, noticing I was cheering for Bella.

"You. Me. Arm-wrestling. Dining room table. Now." Bella said.

His grin stretched.

"Er, Bella," Alice said quickly. "I think Esme is fairly fond of that table. It's an antique."

"Thanks," Esme mouthed at her.

"No problem," Emmett said, with a smile. "Right this way, Bella."

Bella handed me Nessie.

We all went to the back. There was a large granite boulder near the river.

"Okay, Emmett. I win, and you cannot say one more word about my sex life to anyone, not even Rose. No allusions, no innuendos—no nothing."

His eyes narrowed. "Deal. I win, and it's going to get a lot worse."

Emmett noticed Bella's nervousness and grinned evilly. "You gonna back down so easy, little sister?" he taunted. "Not much wild about you, is there? I bet that cottage doesn't have a scratch. Did Edward tell you how many houses Rose and I smashed?"

She gritted her teeth and grabbed his hand. "One, two—"

"Three," he grunted.

Nothing happened. He tried pushing her hand, unsuccessfully. Bella didn't even seem to try. After some time she started pushing Emmett's hand. He snarled at her.

"Just keep your mouth shut," she reminded him, and then smashed his hand into the boulder.

Edward, Jake and I laughed. Emmett kicked the rock fragment agaisnt the river.

"Rematch. Tomorrow." he said.

"It's not going to wear off that fast," she told him. "Maybe you ought to give it a month."