The truth about my aunt and my brothers

In the midst of all the trouble over the Volturi and with several vampire clans in the house, Bella and Jake took Nessie to pay Charlie a little visit. I took the opportunity and Seth and I went to visit Grace and Helen King.

We told them we were going for a little visit so the other girls would be there as well.

I got my new car and then we went to visit them. Amidst so many vampires it was good to get away for a while and be with other people of my kind. It had been a while since I had spent time with my friends. I also thought these moments were a great opportunity for Seth to get closer and get to know Ryan and Thomas better.

When we arrived all of my friends were already there. We walked in and greeted them all. I, as a really curious person, wanted to know all the news.

We sat, everyone was in the King's living room. "What are the news?" I asked.

"Thomas and I are officially dating!" Grace spoke excitedly.

"Congratulations to you both! I'm so happy for you! I knew you two would work together." I said.

Grace and Thomas were a really good match. They really had similar personalities. It wasn't really news that they were dating.

"Vi told me you two have been together for a long time. Don't you want to marry someday?" Seth asked Ryan and Janet.

"That's something we've thought, but I don't think marriage is really our thing." Janet answered.

"You two are the typical adventurer couple free of stereotypes." I told them.

"What about you, Sarah? Your stomach is bigger than the last time we saw you!" I said.

"Yeah! I'm five months pregnant! My intuition was right, it really is a girl!" Sarah spoke with a smile.

"Congrats, Embry. I've never imagined you as a father." Seth said.

"And you are calm? I mean... since Henry it can be hard to deal with another pregnancy, even though it's been a long time." I said.

" You know, Vi, when I found out about the pregnancy at first I was a little apprehensive about having a new child, but now I am calmer. Of course I remember a lot about Henry, but I think it helped a little that this time it's a girl."

Sarah's story was a little sad. Actually, none of us had a really happy past.

Sarah was born sometime in the 1600s, and when she was just a baby her mother and aunt had been burned and hanged in Salem. Her father ran away with her for fear that they would go after his daughter as well. Sarah met a boy when she was 14 years old, and the two married (in those days this was common). The two had a son together, Henry. Sarah never intended to tell him about her secret of being a witch, but unfortunately he found out and tried to kill Sarah by poisoning her. She, in defense, killed him. The boy's family was a powerful and wealthy family of the time, found out that Sarah had killed her husband and so before Sarah could escape with her son, the family of the child's father took the boy. Sarah was never able to get her son back.

"Sapphira, I haven't seen you in a while, how have you been?" I asked.

"I'm okay, Vi. Thanks for asking. I'm really happy that all of you have found happiness." Sapphira spoke.

Sapphira is the oldest of us. She is from England. After she was born, she lived alone with her mother, never knowing any information from her father. Her mother had been accused of witchcraft when Sapphira was 13 years old. Her mother requested that Sapphira run away and never return. If Sapphira had not run away she would probably have been convicted along with her mother. Since then she has lived a very lonely life. Nowadays, even with us around her, she still always seems to be alone.

"I thought there would be more news to talk about." I said, pouting.

"We have actually. I have been chosen to be Mary Alice's godmother!" Jennifer spoke.

"Jennifer, that's really good news! You'll be like a second mother to her, then!"

"Yes, like a second mom and an aunt. Just like Sarah and I are like sisters."

Jennifer didn't have a very good childhood, but who among us really did? Her mother was extremely religious and always thought that her witch powers were the work of the devil (which is not completely untrue). Once she had Jennifer, she knew that the little girl would also inherit this demonic heritage. She was educated at home, by her mother, who never thought it was a good idea for her daughter to be educated in a school like any normal child. One day, when Jennifer was already developing her powers something happened that she could not control and ended up killing her mother.

Jennifer is the only one of us who has never been loved by anyone, not even her own parents. I was really happy that she was chosen as Mary Alice's godmother, and has a real family now.

" I left Forks for a while. I went to New York. I found out that Chris was living there and I hadn't seen him for a long time, so I decided to pay him a visit." Julie spoke.

"That's great, Julie! How is he doing?" I asked.

"He's a renowned lawyer in Manhattan, he's married and has a son, Sebastian."

Julie has lived with the supernatural since she was very young. She is the youngest of three children, Chris was the middle child, and she also had an older brother, Daniel, better known as Danny. Julie inherited her magic from her paternal grandmother, which made it difficult for her to live with her siblings, mother and stepfather, since her father had died when Julie was very young. Her mother and stepfather bought a large house in Amityville. A house where an entire family had been murdered by the older brother who said he heard voices that made him kill everyone. During the time she lived in the house Julie saw spirits, especially one of a little girl her age at the time. The whole family had to move out because they discovered that the house was actually infested with demons. When Julie was 13, her paternal grandmother came to her and told her all about witchcraft, which caused Julie to move in with her grandmother. But Julie had always been very free and independent, so as soon as she learned to handle her magic she wanted to live on her own.

"What about you, Hagatha?" I asked.

Hagatha was really quiet, that was why I was a little worried.

"You know, Vi, in these times that we have been apart I have been trying to find some information about what happened to your aunt and your brothers. Especially since they have not been seen since they moved to Harrisville." Hagatha started saying.

"And what have you found?" I asked.

"You remember I'm from Harrisville, right?" Hagatha asked me.

"Yes, but it's just a coincidence." I said.

"Yeah, but unfortunately it isn't. Vi, your aunt and brothers had moved to the house I used to live in."

She didn't need to tell me anything more, I connected the dots to understand what was going on.

Hagatha's mother was a dark witch, the only dark witch I had ever heard of. Bathsheba Sherman, was her name. Hagatha's mother married Hagatha's father already when she was considered old in society (about 32 years old). Hagatha's mother had two children before her, two boys. They died "mysteriously." In fact it was discovered that Hagatha's mother killed her first two sons. When Hagatha was born, her mother tried to kill her, but her husband was always around, and the spells and curses did not work on Hagatha as they did on her two sons. Later Bathsheba had another child, a boy. Hagatha's father caught Bathsheba trying to kill the child with scissors when the boy was only a few days old. It was then that her father fled with his two children and never returned to that house.

What they say is that Bathsheba hung herself in front of the house and cursed anyone who came back to live in it. So, putting all the pieces together, my aunt and brothers were killed by a dark witch, Bathsheba Sherman, none other than my friend's mother, Hagatha Sherman.

I was in shock.