Vampire union

After all the shock I took with the news of Hagatha, Seth and I said goodbye to everyone, got in the car and drove home.

Seth thought it best that he drive this time. I told him I could do it, but he insisted on driving. And it really was better, I was too distracted. 

As he parked in front of the house, we noticed Edward's car coming up behind him. We got out of the car, and walked into the house with Edward, Bella and Nessie. 

We noticed a different movement coming from the house.

"Alistair is gone," Edward told us.

We then walked inside and went to the living room where everyone was.

"Amun, if you want to go, no one is forcing you to stay," Carlisle spoke.

"You're stealing half my coven, Carlisle!" Amun shrieked. "Is that why you called me here? To steal from me?"

"Yes, Carlisle picked a fight with the Volturi, endangered his whole family, just to lure me here to my death," Benjamin said sarcastically. "Be reasonable, Amun. I'm committed to do the right thing here—I'm not joining any other coven. You can do whatever you want, of course, as Carlisle has pointed out."

"This won't end well," Amun growled. "Alistair was the only sane one here. We should all be running."

"Think of who you're calling sane," Tia murmured.

"We're all going to be slaughtered!"

"It's not going to come to a fight," Carlisle said firmly.

"You say!"

"If it does, you can always switch sides, Amun. I'm sure the Volturi will appreciate your help." Carlisle said.

Amun sneered at him. "Perhaps that is the answer."

"I wouldn't hold that against you, Amun. We have been friends for a long time, but I would never ask you to die for me."

"But you're taking my Benjamin down with you." Amun's voice was more controlled now.

Carlisle put his hand on Amun's shoulder, who quickly shook it off.

"I'll stay, Carlisle, but it might be to your detriment. I will join them if that's the road to survival. You're all fools to think that you can defy the Volturi." he scowled. "I will witness that the child has grown. That's nothing but the truth. Anyone would see that."

"That's all we've ever asked."

Amun grimaced. "But not all that you are getting, it seems." he turned to Benjamin. "I gave you life. You're wasting it."

Benjamin's expression looked colder. "It's a pity you couldn't replace my will with your own in the process; perhaps then you would have been satisfied with me."

Amun seemed to get angry. He gestured to Kebi and they both went to the front door.

"He's not leaving," Edward spoke. "but he'll be keeping his distance even more from now on. He wasn't bluffing when he spoke of joining the Volturi."

"Why did Alistair go?" I asked.

"No one can be positive; he didn't leave a note. From his mutters, it's been clear that he thinks a fight is inevitable. Despite his demeanor, he actually does care too much for Carlisle to stand with the Volturi. I suppose he decided the danger was too much." Edward answered.

"From the sound of his mumblings, it was a bit more than that. We haven't spoken much of the Volturi agenda, but Alistair worried that no matter how decisively we can prove your innocence, the Volturi will not listen. He thinks they will find an excuse to achieve their goals here." Eleazar spoke.

All vampires looked at each other.

"I do so hope Alistair was right about this," Stefan murmured to Vladimir. "No matter the outcome, word will spread. It's time our world saw the Volturi for what they've become. They'll never fall if everyone believes this nonsense about them protecting our way of life."

"At least when we ruled, we were honest about what we were," Vladimir replied.

Stefan nodded. "We never put on white hats and called ourselves saints."

"I'm thinking the time has come to fight," Vladimir said.

"We've been waiting for fifteen hundred years. And they've only gotten stronger with the years." Stefan said, everyone's attention on him.

"If the Volturi win this conflict, they will leave with more power than they came with. With every conquest they add to their strengths. Think of what that newborn alone could give them. And the earth-mover." Vladimir said.

"With their witch twins they have no need of the illusionist or the fire touch." Stefan said, looking at Zafrina and Kate.

"Nor is the mind reader is exactly necessary. But I see your point. Indeed, they will gain much if they win" Vladimir said.

"So we fight," Stefan said.

"We fight," Vladimir agreed.

"We will fight, too," Tia said. "We believe the Volturi will overstep their authority. We have no wish to belong to them."

"This won't be the first time I've fought to keep myself from a king's rule" Garrett said in a teasing tone. "Here's to freedom from oppression."

"We stand with Carlisle," Tanya said. "And we fight with him."

"We have not decided," Peter spoke.

"The same goes for me," Randall said.

"And me," Mary added.

"The packs will fight with the Cullens," Jake said suddenly. "We're not afraid of vampires," he added with a smirk.

"As well as the witches. We'll help you win." I spoke.

I received a few warning looks from Carlisle, Edward, and Rose. "I don't care about your opinion anymore. Everyone knows we need more people fighting. So the witches will help." I said, making them agree with me.

"Well, I'm in, too," Maggie said. "I know truth is on Carlisle's side. I can't ignore that."

"Carlisle," Siobhan spoke. "I don't want this to come to a fight."

"Nor do I, Siobhan. You know that's the last thing I want." he half-smiled. "Perhaps you should concentrate on keeping it peaceful."

"You know that won't help,"

"It couldn't hurt," Carlisle said.

Carlisle thought Siobhan's power was that when she believed in something, it ended coming true.

"Shall I visualize the outcome I desire?" she asked sarcastically.

Carlisle grinned. "If you don't mind."

"Then there is no need for my coven to declare itself, is there?" she retorted. "Since there is no possibility of a fight."

Little by little the vampires went their on way. Some left to hunt, other went to go read Carlisle's books, watch television or use the computers.

It seemed then that everyone was really preparing for the final battle.