Happy endings

Now that all was well, that the Volturi had accepted Renesmee's existence, it was time to say goodbye. All the vampires who had agreed to be our witnesses were slowly leaving.

Vladimir and Stefan disappeared before we could celebrate. They were the only ones who really wanted a war against the vampire royalty. Benjamin and Tia left right after Amun and Kebi. Peter and Charlotte had a talk with Jasper, then they left too.

The amazons were reunited, and they were anxious to go back home. I was saying goodbye to them.

"You must bring the child to see me," Zafrina insisted.

"Of course, Zafrina," I agreed.

"We shall be great friends, my Nessie," Zafrina told Nessie, who was holding hands with me.

After that the three Amazons left.

The last ones to leave were the Denali, now with a new member, Garrett. I said goodbye to Tanya, Eleazar, and Carmen. Lastly I went to Kate.

"You're the bravest person I've known, Violet. I admire you a lot for that." Kate spoke.

"You are brave too, Kate. We'd have made a great team if we battled against the Volturi!" I told her.

"We'd have taken Jane in two seconds."

"I'll miss you." I said, we hugged.

"You know you can always visit us. You'll always be welcome." Tanya said.

"Thanks, Tanya." I said.

"Besides, I don't think it will take long to meet again." Kate said, winking at me and glaring at Seth.

I got what she meant. She was hoping to meet again at our wedding.

Soon after all the Denali left. I walked inside home, feeling something I hadn't truly felt in a long time. Happiness.

I went to Seth and kissed him.

"What was your cousin talking about?" he asked me, he had heard our conversation.

"That she's hoping to meet again at our wedding." I said smiling.

"And you?" he asked.

"I'm also hoping for our wedding."

We both grinned. "Come with me. I need to show you something." I said, taking him to my room.

"Make sure to lock the door this time." Jake spoke, he apparently wasn't traumatized anymore.

"Nonsense, Jake. We'd never do it with the entire family at home." I told him chuckling.

I noticed some uncomfortable looks in Carlisle's, Edward's, Jasper's, and Emmett's faces.

Seth and I entered my room. "So, what did you want to show me?" he asked.

I went to my bedside table, I opened the drawer and took a small box from inside it. I hid it from Seth.

"I've been thinking, Seth. You had an imprint at Edward and Bella's wedding, and they both went to their honeymoon and we just had one date that time. After Bella found out she was pregnant with Nessie it was all so confusing. My family had no time for themselves, no one really had time for anyone. We were stressed trying to find out more about Nessie and distressed to know that Bella didn't have great chances to survive. When Nessie was born I was so relieved, because Bella indeed survived and Nessie wasn't the monster we all had thought she was. I was relieved because since that moment I felt we were going back to be a real family. But then Irina ruined everything and again we were separated and distressed because of the Volturi. But now that's all over. Now we've got a chance of a happy ending. And I want my happy ending, Seth. I want to spend eternity with you by my side."

He seemed confused by my words.

"What do you mean, Vi?"

"I know it's the man who usually does this. But I don't follow stereotypes. I think we all should be equal in a relationship. So, what I mean is... Seth Clearwater, will you marry me?" I said while opening the box for him to see.

We both started crying. "Violet Abigail Cullen, there's nothing in the world I would want more. Yes."

I put the ring on his finger and he did the same with the other ring I had bought.

"I guess now we tell our families." I said, smiling, with my hand on Seth's.

"I think we only need to tell mine." he said, looking at the door.

When I turned, my whole family was watching the scene. Esme, Carlisle, Rose, and Nessie on the front, while Edward, Alice, Jasper, and Emmett were on the back.

Nessie had a big smile and ran to me. I hugged her tighly and held her.

It seems our happy endings were just beginning.