Ch47 - Forgotten Best Friend And The Mysterious Girl

Hello guys! Enjoy this one!

******************************
Hiiragi's POV

"....."

"........"

"It seems to me that you two have known each other already. Am I right, Mr. Charming?"

"....Yes, that is true."

How did I end up in this situation? First of all, I knew that it was a tea party consisting a few people. However, why was it that I was the only guy here? Even the servants around were female. Did they hate male servants or what?

That much was okay. I was not really bothered with that since I had prepared myself. Then, why did I not act like the usual?

The answer, the girl who I promised to visit her was invited to this tea party.

Platinum-blue hair colour. White skin like snow. Pink, small, kissable lips. She was not the cutest or the prettiest yet she was not exactly average either. She was plainly adorable but not one would be noticed with one glance. Even in my opinion, she was someone with a charm that people would have to take a long time to notice.

Cecelia von Firriel. The youngest child of Firriel Household. I met her during the ball before. There, I promised to be her best friend and play with her sometimes. Yet, after meeting her once, never did I ever meet her nor tried to do so. It was not because I forget but too many things happened and Myu was my first priority over anything else.

It was just a girl, but why am I acting like this?

It was because of the silent pressure she emitted. Behind the calm demeanor, the moment she let her eyes fall on me, I could feel a powerful presence. Furthermore, I didn't know why but she felt so familiar to me to the point sometimes I wanted to hug her on the spot.

She was the biggest factor that caused me to act not like myself.

Then, the last reason was Tiararose Resily Fraux. The eldest daughter of Fraux Household. It seemed that when I was drunk, she had consulted me about her problems which were apparently love problems. Due to that, she managed to move on and felt fresh after solving her problems.

This tea party was held because she wanted to thank me or something. Although I didn't really remember what kind of help I gave her, this was a chance for me to have a connection with the nobles.

"Yes,  we already know each other and very close in fact. Am I right, my dear 'best friend'?"

...though it seemed that this will be harder than I thought. It was clear to me that Cecelia had a grudge to me over not staying true to the promise I made after all. Well, it was understandable though. Who wouldn't feel angry over a broken promise?

"Yeah, that's right, my adorable best friend."

Since things had gone south with her, I guessed a little flattery will probably make a happier. I didn't lie, she is adorable. I could see the corner of her mouth barely raised when I said that.

"Oh my, what a coincidence. Cecelia-san is my friend too. She is the only one who stays with me after my other former friends and...lover, or whatever he was left me. The moment the news of me being left by them made other noble girls leave me due to being an embarrassment or so they say."

Tiararose moved her teacup elegantly to her lips and drank the tea after she spoke. Naturally, the mood became a little bit down right after that. I, as a matter of fact who didn't know anything just kept silent since nobody likes to hear a sentiment form a stranger after all.