Chapter 90

The emotionless pitch black eyes of Uday Singh Chauhan turned glossy when he read the letter from the old king of Shivgarh, Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput. The man who had witnessed the bloodbath in a plethora of wars lacked courage to face the old, helpless father whose son was lying lifelessly since last five months. The time had flown but there was no change in the health of the prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput.

Wiping the tears from his eyes, he stood helplessly in his bed chambers remembering the bitter-sweet memories of his friend. Having spent their childhood together, Veer had always treated Uday like his brother but unfortunately, today Veer was ill and Uday could not do anything to save his friend.

Before beginning his day at the training grounds, Uday went to the bed chambers of his friend. His heart pained looking at the weak body of Veer sleeping peacefully on the cot. It was a daily ritual for Uday to meet Veer, talk with him and pray for his well-being. However, today was different. Uday was emotionally vulnerable after reading the letter of the old king whose pain was fathomable.

Uday patiently waited outside while the royal physician examined the prince. Once done, the old physician came out with a smile on his face. Looking at Uday, he spoke, “Your prayers bore fruits. His Highness has woken up.”

Uday’s joy knew bounds. He was elated with the thought of replying positively to the old king of Shivgarh. The royal physician excused himself to meet the queen Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore while Uday rushed inside the bed chambers of his friend, the prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput.

With tears of joy in his eyes, Uday saw his friend sitting on the bed while his pale body was supported with myriads of pillows. “Veer”, Uday whispered caressing the face of his friend only to find tears trickling down his face.

Hugging Veer, he cried his heart out letting out all the pain and sorrows he had suffered in these five months but to his surprise, Veer did not hug him back.

Uday straightened himself only to find his powerful friend helplessly crying. He could not hear whimpers but he could see his hazel green eyes filled with tears. The old royal nurse witnessing this scene had tears in her eyes.

She almost choked when she informed Uday, “His Highness, cannot lift his hands or legs. He is paralyzed. He can hear you and understand you but he cannot speak, so please, don’t make him cry.” Having said this, she rushed out of the chambers while Uday’s heart pained looking at the helpless tears of his friend.

The prince of Shivgarh, Yuvraj Veerbhadra Singh Rajput was surprised to see himself lying in a lavish chamber of some palace when he had woken up a while ago. He instantly remembered the battle wherein he had sacrificed himself for the saving his beloved.

His eyes turned glossy as he wondered about the well-being of Aparajita while he tried to lift his body. He panicked when he could not move a muscle but much to his relief, few people entered in the bed chambers and checked upon him. Two women helped him sit upright supporting his frail body with the help of soft pillows and he could not help but cry at his fate. He was still curious about everything when much to his relief, Uday entered in the chambers.

Veer was quite devastated to know about his state when the royal nurse explained everything. The man who was feared by many in the royal battles was today, lying helplessly on a bed unable to lift a single finger of his hand. He cried powerlessly at his incapability of hugging his friend back who was by his side in his thick and thin. He was extremely vulnerable at his current disability. He wished to die instead of being confined to a bed inside four lavishly painted walls of some palace.

Uday wiped the tears of his friend and pour a glass of water for him realizing Veer was utterly devastated. Uday kept the glass of water near the lips of his friend while Veer tried hard to sway his neck away from the glass despite his throat was parched. He had lost all the hopes but a gleam of happiness shone in his eyes when he could actually move his neck. A ray of hope developed inside him just to motivate him that he can stand on his legs soon.

Having stayed with him since childhood, Uday could comprehend what was going inside Veer’s mind. He decided to tell few important things to his friend before he left.

“Veer, it has been five months and I am really happy that you are fine. His highness, the honorable king, Maharaja Jai Singh Rajput and her highness, Maharani Naina Devi will be glad to see you recovering. Please get well soon, my friend. Don’t worry, we will do some special exercises that our teacher, Acharya Vasudev taught us and I am sure, you will be fine soon. Just don’t leave hopes, my friend.” Uday spoke few words of motivation for his friend while he tried to control his tears all the while. He was also devastated looking at his friend’s condition but he had to be strong. He could not let Veer witness his glossy eyes, so he walked out of the chambers.

Veer mentally cursed Uday because his stupid friend had told him nothing about his beloved and the place he was staying at. Veer was sure, he was not at Shivgarh and he also remembered that he was banished from his kingdom. He was happy to know that his parents were healthy and fine after listening to the news of his accident but as of now, his only concern was his Aparajita and her well-being. 

Maharani Aparajita Singh Rathore, on the other hand, was staring aimlessly at the morning sky standing in the overhanging balcony of her bed chambers while her chocolate brown eyes lacked positivity. The queen was so much frustrated with the turn of events in her life that even the serenity of a beautiful morning could not give her mental peace. Despite the blue sky showcased the hues of orange and magenta while the birds chirped in joy, the queen’s heart was filled with melancholy.

One of her royal maids was getting married next month and the news reminded the queen of her unrequited love. The mighty queen of Vijaygarh who had the power to bring everything in her feet upon her single order could not help but envy a mere maid who was about feel the joy of companionship.

Her heart pained as she remembered the bitter sweet moments spent with Veer while the tears of longing crept in her eyes. It had been five months and she was tired of looking at the frail body of Veer lying helplessly in his bed chambers. She had lost all the hopes in her life.

The queen came out of reverie when one of the royal guards informed her that the royal physician wanted to meet her. Her fears overpowered her sanity as tears trickled down her eyes. With anxiety in her voice and nervousness in her aura, the mighty queen of Vijaygarh met the royal physician who greeted her with immense respect.

“Your highness, today I am here to inform you about his highness, the honorable prince of Shivgarh”, the royal physician began the conversation while Aparajita’s heart pounded with anxiety.

Dreading the fact that she would hear a bad news, Aparajita nodded in affirmation while the royal physician continued, “His Highness, woke up today from his comatose situation”, and her dull eyes shone with a tinge of hope. Mentally thanking the Almighty for the good news, the queen wanted to meet Veer soon.

However, the royal physician was not done yet. Taking a deep breath, he proceeded, “Your highness, but I am afraid to inform you that the prolonged comatose state and effect of the poison had left his highness in a paralyzed state. He can hear you but he cannot voice his opinion. He cannot move any of his limbs.”

The royal physician was disheartened for the queen as his experienced eyes could see through the dull eyes of the queen however, he was helpless too. He knew saving the prince was impossible but his hard work and prayers of everyone had made him accomplish the impossible feat.

The queen’s voice choked as she asked, “When will the prince be fine?”

“I will try my best, Your Highness, but I cannot promise anything”, the old physician confessed while the queen tried hard to control her tears from trickling down her face.

“Do anything but save him”, her voice quavered as she ordered the physician who nodded and took his leave after greeting the queen. Royal physician had seen the queen growing up in the palace and he knew, her happiness lied in the well-being of the prince. All he could do was try treating the prince with herbal decoctions and physiotherapy but he was not sure of the results. Praying for the speedy recovery of the prince, he walked out of the queen’s chambers.

The little girl inside the mighty queen was hopeful for the recovery of Veer. Excited to see her friend, the queen rushed to the bed chambers of the prince and on the way, she realized they still had a long way to go.

♥️♥️♥️

Hi everyone

Veer is back! 🥳🥳🥳🥳

No eggs, okay! Only tomatoes, i am a vegetarian!!! 😅😅😅

Veer will be standing on his legs soon, i guess by Chapter 93 or 94. I wanted this sequence. It was the first scene in my mind when I began this story. 🙈

I will be back soon, till then, share your views and click on the 🌟

Hope you liked the emotional sequence between Uday and Veer. I made Veer cry today but I will make him smile too ☺

Take care 💖

Love you all
💜