Chapter 30

Ashiya's PoV:

The weather outside was pleasant, the sky was full of stars and the moon was crescent. It looked so beautiful that I wanted to keep staring at it. There were still fireflies around us and I so wanted to catch them but I had to talk to Ahan who sat in front of me on a chair. He was staring at me, his eyes curious and expectant. I looked around and saw Ammi and Khala near the door. They seemed to be lost in some discussion.
I turned my attention to Ahan and cleared my throat.

"I have a few questions which you have to answer," I began and he nodded, his eyes still focused on me, making it diffcult for me to speak. "So...I want to...okay, can you please stop staring at me like that?" He smirked.

"Like what?" He mused and I opened my mouth but closed it.

"Like I'm going to perform ballet for you," I rolled my eyes to which he chuckled but looked away anyways.

"Go on, don't be nervous," He suppressed a laugh. I narrowed my eyes at him but decided to go on.

"So...I hope you know that I will work after marriage. I'm not going to give up on my career," I said in a serious tone.

"That's not a question," he remarked and I rolled my eyes again.

"No it's not but you need to know this," I sounded annoyed and the corner of his mouth lifted a little. "Are you laughing at me?" I asked offended to which he raised his hands, his mirthful eyes looking down.

"I wouldn't dare," He smiled and I sighed.

"I'm not going to give up on my career after marriage," I repeated.

"I'm not asking you to," He shook his head lightly to which I nodded. Okay, next one.

"After marriage, if I commit any mistakes, you are allowed to scold me but you will not say anything about my parents or else I'll sue you," I warned him and he smiled again.

"Again, not a question," He said, "but I assure you, lady, I'm not someone who talks filth about anybody's parents. And you're going to be my wife, InshaAllah, so you will be respected in every way," He sounded sincere. Noice.

"Okay," I breathed, "umm...do you plan on having kids?" I asked and his gaze was still focused on the ground.

"Yes, do you?"

"Yes, but not immediately after marriage," I answered and he nodded.

"What are your views on infidelity?"

"It's a sin, I don't plan on betraying you and my iman," He replied.

"What are your plans for future?"

"To expand my business, do more good work, travel more and perform Hajj," He listed while looking up at the sky, "with you," he added as his eyes landed on mine. I blushed.

"I'm short tempered, outspoken, I'm not a great cook, I can be messy sometimes, I'm clumsy, I eat a lot and...yeah, Ammi says that I talk to much. Are you fine with all these?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Yes, I am fine with you, all of you," He said firmly and I gulped. He's making me nervous.

"Okay, I think I have got my answers. Do you have anything to ask me?"

"Yes," His eyes locked with mine, "do I make you nervous?" I blinked.

"Wh--What?" I tried to smile.

"Do I make you nervous?" He asked again.

"No," I lied.

"Are you sure," He tilted his head while his eyes scanned me.

"I--,"

"Ashu, Ahan," Khala yelled from afar and I sighed internally. Thank you, Allah. Thank you so much. I love you.

"Yes, we're done," I yelled back and got up immediately. Ahan followed my movements and we walked to where our mothers stood.

"Did you answer her questions properly, Ahan?" Khala inquired.

"Yes, Mom. I hope she is satisfied," Ahan answered and I thought he was teasing me but I decided not to say anything.

.

.

.
As soon as Ahan and his family left after having desserts, Ammi ordered me to wash the dishes while she cleaned the house. After that, we offered our Isha salah and retired to bed. I was tired but my mind was occupied by a grumpy but devilishly handsome man who happened to be my fiance.

Do I make you nervous? He had asked and left me tonguetied. There was no denying the fact that he did intimidate me. Maybe because no man has ever given me that much of attention. It was true, in high school I was perceived as a tomboy so no boy ever tried to see me in a light different than that of friendship.
My university life was no different, I focused on my studies and no guy ever spared a glance at me, not that it mattered to me. I knew my religion doesn't allow haraam relationships and to be honest I was fine with it. I understood that there's no point in searching for the one since Allah already has everything planned for me. All I needed to do was wait and I did that.

But Ahan did make me nervous. There was something so intense in his eyes that always managed to make me restless. Closing my eyes, I started reciting surahs from Holy Qur'an and within few minutes I was engulfed by sleep.

.

.

.

Ahan's PoV:

It was 1:30 am and I was wide awake because of a beautiful lady whose thoughts had invaded my mind. She had looked amazing in her white dress, her dark eyes and slender figure. I wonder what her hair looks like- brown or black, long or short, straight or curly. What am I going to gift her on our wedding night? What am I going to say and do? A number of not so innocent thoughts crossed my mind and I shook my head. Astagfirullah. She's still not mine. 

I got up and walked to the window and looked at the sky. The moon was crescent. I recalled how Ashiya had looked at it and it made me smile. A selenophile for sure. Her brown skin had looked so beautiful under the moonlight that I had almost raised my hand to caress her face but then decided against it. She had been caught off-guard when I asked her if I made her nervous. The look on her face was priceless and it only amused me more. If only she knew what I have in store for her, I smiled to myself.

***************************************

Keep reading and voting.