42. Boundaries

As Cosette sat at the edge of the mattress, adjusting the strap around her ankle, she looked over towards where George stood at the end of the bed, redressing himself

As Cosette sat at the edge of the mattress, adjusting the strap around her ankle, she looked over towards where George stood at the end of the bed, redressing himself. He slid on his briefs and Cosette noticed the faint indent on his thigh that she made with her nails.

"Do you have a pain kink?" She blurted out, thinking about how he finished almost as soon as she clawed into his skin.

"Excuse me?" George asked with a chuckle as he slid the sleeves of his shirt over his arms. He heard her, but he wasn't sure if he heard her correctly.

"Pain kink," Cosette repeated. "Do you have one?"

George stepped around the bed and made his way over to where Cosette sat. Her eyes trailed up his body as she stood up, reaching for the buttons of his shirt to do them up herself. His smirk indicated that he seemed to be rather amused with this topic.

"Do you?" He asked, turning the question around on her. "You don't seem to complain when I pull your hair or choke you."

"I asked you first," Cosette retorted as his hands found her hips.

George nodded slowly, sliding his tongue across his lips as he thought about his answer. "Pain and pleasure receptors react similarly, Setty. The endorphins released in your body in response to pain or pleasure, especially during sex, are very strong."

Cosette was expecting a yes or no type of answer and was pleasantly surprised to hear that George was more educated on this subject than she assumed. He really was a lot smarter than she gave him credit for.

"Pain can also be extremely tantalizing," he continued. "Wherever it's inflicted, blood will rise to the surface of the skin and make it more receptive to touch."

While he didn't necessarily answer Cosette's question, she still managed to follow along, "So when I dug my nails into your thigh..."

"While you were riding me?" He raised his eyebrows and finished with another laugh, "Yeah, that set something off."

Cosette finished buttoning up his shirt and flicked her gaze back up. His hair was disheveled and she could only imagine what hers looked like. She adjusted his collar to sit properly as she inhaled sharply.

"So that's a yes to the pain kink, got it. Good to know."

George sensed the sudden uneasiness in her tone and he raised his hand to cup the side of her face, rubbing his thumb lightly over her cheek, "Setty I'd never hurt you or put you in an uncomfortable position. You know that, right?"

"No, no, I know," Cosette nodded and flashed him a quick but assuring smile. "I just want to know what I'm getting myself into, that's all. Are there any other kinks you feel like sharing?"

"Well I don't want to scare you away."

Cosette's lips parted and her eyes widened in surprise which was the exact reaction George was hoping for. Laughter escaped his mouth as he pulled her closer against his body.