Chapter 39

Miles's POV

Mix is here.

"Hi, Miley!" Here he goes with that name again. He cheerfully greeted me. He is always in a good mood.

"Stop calling him that." Cade is serious. "Go inside." He ordered me.

I just smiled at Mix and went in straight. I forgot that he hates anyone related to that country. But Mix is not just an Elite, he is Cade's cousin too. He is the son of Sir Kai's cousin.

I was welcomed by Pink who hugged me immediately.

"Hi, Miles. I have a gift for you." She handed me a box. It is a watch.

"What is this for?" I asked her. It is not my birthday.

"To thank you for coming back to my brother. Papa is preparing our dinner. Sit here first." She pulled me to their couch.

Cade went straight to the kitchen furiously. "Why is he here? He is a fucking stupid guard." I can hear his voice from here...

"Is Cade treating you well? He missed you a lot. He is so down when you were gone for months so I really thank you for coming back. They said you have the possibility to get pregnant. When will you two make a baby again? I am so excited." She squealed.

"Does everyone knows it?" I whispered.

"Everyone even the Elites. I heard they added guards to your house and those guys have additional required training."
Well, that explains the new faces in our house.

"I see. How are you here?"
I am still not comfortable talking to her.

"I am good. You are handsome."
She complimented me.

Sir Kai called us before I can reply to her.

"Wow, since when did we become family of goats?" She asked Sir Kai.
We are having a salad party I guess.

"That's because we have a visitor. How's class, Miles?" Sir Kai asked me.

"It's fine, I think I can handle it. I can finish all the required subjects on time. Cade is with me so all is well." I am more comfortable talking to Sir Kai.

"Since you have plenty of time, Colleen, take this as an opportunity to check all our companies. A lot of them haven't met you personally yet." Sir Cole talked. His speaking voice demands attention. You have no choice but to listen and agree.

"I am busy going to school with Miles." That's it? Is that the only reason Cade has?

"Baby, I can manage alone at school," I told him.

"Why? Are you not comfortable with my presence there?"

"No, I mean you can just send me to school and pick me up. I have no problem with that."

Instead of answering me, he faced his dad. "Next time, dad. I have more important matters."

It's too bad that he preferred guarding me in school than their family business.

After dinner, Sir Kai talked to me privately and asked me how his son is treating me. It's a good thing that I can always open up to him. He is not that intimidating at all. I also talked to him about Mayka. I know it's too shameless for me to ask but I still gave it a shot. He told me that they are just waiting for his return because he does his job very well.

On our way home, I asked for Cade's phone. I want to borrow it to call Mayka. He keeps telling me to do it tomorrow but I really cannot wait.

"Are you hiding something from me? Why can't I even touch your phone?"
I am too annoyed already. I just want to call Mayka. He is being too much.