0.3 Chapter 11 - Buried

TW// death, corpses, glass shattering, blood
George's POV
It took a while before George finally began to return back to reality. Even if he were an animatronic, that didn't mean his soul still couldn't be dazed.

He pushed himself up, only to fail when a large piece of debris kept him down on the ground. Determined, George pushed up again, and this time the debris fell back, freeing him.

George looked around the room, and then down at his friend, who's eyes were closed. He had a few scrapes and bruises here or there, but other than that he was okay. Unconscious, but okay.

"Sapnap," George said, shaking his friend. "Sapnap wake up. We have to find everyone else."

He didn't respond.

"What was it Dream said woke him up every time?" George wondered out loud, his voice quiet. "Hey mamas jokes?"

Sapnap suddenly sat up quickly, making George jump. He looked around in confusion and his expression fell when he saw the damage.

"Are we sure you're not an animatronic as well?" George asked, somewhat jokingly. Sapnap scoffed, his voice hoarse.

"Nine million percent sure," Sapnap said, rubbing his head. "Argh, my head..."

"Thanks for not dying," George sighed in relief, helping Sapnap to his feet. He nearly tumbled back over, but managed to keep his balance.

"No problem," Sapnap laughed breathlessly. He glanced around, his brown eyes sad. "What..?"

George shook his head slightly and turned away. "C'mon. We have to find the others."

Unfortunate for them, it seemed a lot of the walls were still standing. The moon was risen high in the sky, nearly blocked out from all the smoke. George realized Sapnap looked faint, as if he were having a difficult time breathing.

I need to get everyone out of here, George thought determinedly.

He hopped up onto one of the fallen parts of the ceiling and jumped, grabbing onto the roof and climbing over. The building was still on fire, which was definitely alarming.

George reached down and helped Sapnap up, nearly falling back in. The two of them walked carefully, not wanting the floor beneath them to collapse.

Unlucky for them, it did.

George let out a surprised yelp as the ground beneath him caved in. Instinctively he grabbed Sapnap a few seconds before he felt his back slam into the floor, which really made him wish he had shut off his pain sensors.

"Once I find that green bitch I'm gonna kick his ass," Sapnap cursed, sounding dazed. George's eyes popped open as he realized fire was slowly crawling towards them.

"You can do that when we don't burn to death," George said, gently pushing Sapnap off of him and sliding down the big pile of debris quickly.

It took him a second to recognize the dining room. The stage was engulfed in flames, licking hungrily at the curtains and wood. He grabbed Sapnap's wrist and pulled him away, trying to focus on his main goal.

They had to carefully make their way around a few tables that had been taken by the fire. George couldn't help but notice how uncomfortable his friend looked, it was probably from the heat.

While walking, George had to help Sapnap keep standing from time to time. This smoke wasn't healthy at all and everything was destroyed and terrible.

Sapnap suddenly froze, his eyes wide in horror. They were near the main lobby now, which meant escape.

"I don't think they made it out," Sapnap said in a quiet, terrified voice. George glanced around in confusion but spotted what he was looking at after a moment.

Under a part of a large pile of debris were two clearly dead and burnt corpses, still recognizable though. One had a black jacket with red outlines, and the other had darker skin along with a blue hoodie. The worst part was that the two were hugging.

"Can we go TWO DAYS without someone dying?" George shouted furiously. He sighed helplessly, guilt washing over him, before turning to one of the windows.

He signalled for Sapnap to back away a bit before slamming his elbow into the center of the transparent material. It shattered on impact, the sound of it piercing his ears.

George backed up and let Sapnap go first, and then followed him quickly. Once they were out in the parking lot in the cool, crisp air he turned and looked at the burning building.

"So can we agree no more pizzerias ever?" Sapnap said beside him. George nodded grimly.

"I can't help but wonder if Tubbo's respawned in the burning building, at his house or at.. Tommy's.." George trailed off at the mention of his deceased friend.

"Oh, he won't be respawning."

Sapnap and George both whipped around.

Finally, there they were. The original trio back together. One with a white and black long sleeved shirt with a sewn in flame, the only person who had survived the company.

Second with skin as hard as metal, white-rimmed goggles covering his eyes and a cyan blue t-shirt.

And finally the tallest one of the group, a male with blood on his hands both figuratively and physically. His old, green hoodie was torn up everywhere, dried red liquid splattered all over him. His skin looked decayed, with a few cuts and wounds caused by someone else covering his exposed arm, chest. His mask, too, was broken in half, revealing one eye, green as summer leaves. Even after all this time, his eyes were still alit with an old fury, a flame that had never been stamped out. A flame that had been burning for years.

Sapnap and George stood side by side, George being a step or two in the front knowing he was physically the stronger one.

Given the cuts and bruises, he had clearly been fighting. George felt a sick feeling in his stomach as he realized it was from the people he had killed. More specifically, Punz, and maybe a few others.

And finally, it settled in. Dream was alive. Alive with a triumphant smile and a knife in hand.

0.3