Midnight Walk ~ Ch42

¤ (Y/n)'s Point Of View ¤

Our walk back to the hotel from the station was short. I hadn't realised before that we were staying so close to the station, close enough to hear the train everytime it passed. But as soon as we entered through the doors of the hotel, the rumblings of the trains became quite faint and actually began to merge with the noise made by the night market outiside on the streets.

I yawned again, for around the fourth time this night. Our day today was long and frankly I was quite exhausted, wanting nothing more than to curl up into my bed and fall asleep. So as Gojo and I climbed up the stairs to our rooms, I offered him a small tired smile as it was about time for us to part ways.
"Goodnight, Toru." I mumbled tiredly, rubbing my eyes tiredly as I waited for him to also wish farewell.

"Goodnight. Get as much rest as you can, tomorrow training will be more intense." He warned. I could only nod at his words, not fully taking them in as all I could think about was my bed. I bowed slightly at Satoru before taking my leave and walking down towards mine and Yuuji's room. Taking the key card out of my pocket, I scanned it quickly which resulted in the door opening. Quietly, I walked into the room and shut the door behind me and instantly noticed that I wasn't alone.

It seemed as though Yuuji had arrived before me and has already made himself comfortable in his bed, softly snoring away with a peaceful look on his face. I smiled softly at the boy, suddenly for a moment forgetting about my own tiredness.

"S-Suprise...I'm alive..." The boy mumbled in his sleep, making me giggle at his words. After giving the boy one last look, I quickly changed into my nightgown. I threw my previous clothes messily into the cuboard along with my fan and allowed myself to fall against my bed. I didn't bother braiding my hair or brushing it out of my face as I was too tired to let it bother me. Without further hesitantion, I closed my eyes and waited for sleep to take me over.

Only, it didn't.

I waited and waited, impatiently tossing and turning in attempt to find a comfortable position but nothing was working. I was still awake. I didn't understand. I was so tired yet my mind wasn't allowing me to fall asleep. I groaned quitely, burying my face further into my pillow as I tried to clear my thoughts but nothing was working. I was still awake.

After another half an hour of attempting to trick myself into slumber, I gave up. With another annoyed groan, I sat up and looked tiredly out through the window to my side. It was still pitch black outside and the moon was high in the sky, shining brightly down at me almost as if to mock me. With a sigh, I turned my attention to Yuuji who still was fast asleep. I looked at him with envy in my eyes, selfishly wishing that it was me asleep right now.

I didn't know what to do at the moment. I used to have trouble falling asleep back when I was at the castle but everytime it happened, I would make my way to Sukuna. Only now to make my way to Sukuna, I'd have to fall asleep. How life loved to play games with me. It was humourous, the situation I was in right now.

So I settled on going for a short midnight walk. I wasn't planning to leave the building, only wanting to go to the rooftop. This way I wasn't going against Sukuna's wishes of not being protected because technically I was still in the building. I grabbed my keycard and shoved it into my pocket before slipping on my slippers and leaving the room to go up the staircase once again. I had only been up to the rooftop of this hotel once, with Nanami and Yuuji during the day as we discussed the plan for the next month and abit. But never before had I seen it at night, with the glow of the moon shining down on it.

The moment I made it up there, I smiled and realised the view at night was even better than I had imagined. I walked over to the ledge, peaking over the stone wall to see the lively city of Tokyo at the middle of the night. Lights in building were on and some were even flashing different colours whilst some were off and dead silent. It was a beautiful view up here.