46. Jaws of Death

~song of the day~
Wrong - Luh Kel

A surge of emotion wells up inside me — a mix of utter astonishment, annoyance, anger, and most especially relief

Gray is in his room, laying on the bed with his legs crossed, his left elbow resting on a pillow, and a gamepad in his other hand.

But he wasn't alone. A certain brown-haired guy with pale skin was seated on the floor, pursing his lips and focusing his attention solely on the game he was playing.

My body loses its stiff posture, slumping towards the wall. I put my hand out to rest on the wall for support, letting out a huge breath. The boys were oblivious to my presence, lost in the world of Fifa.

"These little dumbwits, " I frown, biting down on my lower lip.

I grab the first item I could get from the table next to me and launch it at them. I didn't stop there, I keep grabbing whatever I could get my hands on, throwing it at them without so much as a care in the world about their safety.

And to think I was worried. To think I spent more than half of the day in agony, feeling guilty.

Gray is the first to jump, his expression a mixture of fear and shock. "Wait- Kelch- I'm- Fuck!" he does all in his best ability to dodge the flying- book, pen, perfume bottle, whatever it was, I didn't care to look before throwing. But a water bottle hits him in the elbow.

His legs shoot up, almost reaching his face as he jumped around dramatically, flailing his hands. "K-ke- Kelch, " he struggles to say mid-jump, curving his body backward as he escaped the keys thrown at him. Sadly, that was the last thing on the table.

My heart was still beating heavily from the adrenaline rush, but I ignored it as I walked towards the second person I found in the room with him, who was cowardly hiding at the edge of the bed.

"You, " I point a finger at Aaron. "Stand up. Now."

Aaron stands, and I stare at both of them before shaking my head. "C- cra-zy, " I lean on the wall catching my breath. "You're both insane. Do you have any idea how worried we were!"

I turn to Gray, running my eyes over his face- from the gentle crease on his forehead, his deep blue eyes that were glistening with affection, his carved facial structure, to his plump lips which he was biting down on nervously.

Man, was he beautiful, and the thought of losing him only ached a lot more at the sight of him.

I close my eyes, parting my lips slightly to let out a low breath and running my hand through my hair. "Do you have any idea of how worried I was?" my voice cracks at the end of my sentence.

If anything had happened to Gray, I didn't think I could have lived with myself. Two people died because of me during this last month. There's Jay, who sacrificed himself for Gray and me, and Ashley's dad, who died because I was too much of a bitch to help him earlier.