🤧 Broken Heart's Syndrome 🤒

Monochopsis

n. 

the subtle but persistent 

feeling of being out of place. 

.....

Chapter 16

You were pulled aside by the doctor, who was treating Jin and Taehyung, on my way back to the room with their breakfast trays.

"Can I help you, Dr. Lee?"

"I just on my way to see my patients, how you're feeling today, alpha,"

"I feel well, thank you."

Dr. Lee matches your pace to the room with a cart in tow. He proceeds into the room and checks on both of them. He assures you that they could come home with you this afternoon.

You thank him, and he leaves. You go to Taehyung's bed first and tuck him in and fluff his pillows. You pull out the side table that was attached to the hospital bed. I set his tray of food on the small table. You pull away from him, satisfied with my work.

Your phone rings, waking him up. You rush to turn it off. It turns out that it was an alarm you had set for something else. "Good Morning, Taehyung,"

He attempts to sit up on his elbows but fails. You help him by fluffing his pillows and adding another, "Hey,"

"I got you some breakfast," You say, motioning to the table I set up for him.

"I see that. Thank you, but I can't—"

"I know. I was planning on feeding you if that's okay."

He realizes that this means that I have to touch him. "Are you okay with bonding with me?" He looks around him, his eyes land on Jin sadly, "And how did I even get here?"

"We bonded when you were unconscious, unfortunately. So I'm fine with touching you. Namjoon and I had carried you both here to the infirmary."

You take the butter knife and fork off the tray and cut up the whole grain waffles, "You carried me all by yourself?!" he shrieks, eyes wide as he observes me.

"Yes, I did. Namjoon carried Jin." You say, putting a piece of waffles on the fork and offer it to him. He takes the bite and chews in thought. He swallows and asks, "Did he come to see us?"

"Yes, but he had to rest, so I sent him to bed," You busy yourself with cutting up the waffles and off him the sausage on the fork. When you turn to offer it to him, his eyes are already on you. His mouth opens like he wanted to say something.

He frowns, displeased with my short, curt answers, "I have something to ask you," He asks, taking a bite of the sausage, which you set down on the plate and offer him more waffles. He takes the food and chews in silence. You finally answer him.

"Go ahead,"

"Can I hold your hand?" You take the hand closest to you and rest your intertwined hands at his side. You continue to feed him with your opposite hand and talk. He apologizes for being unconscious when we bonded. He felt guilty for missing a milestone in your relationship. You tell him that we had no other choice, he pouts at this.

"Can you describe it to me? I mean, I've bonded with Namjoon and Jin before, but—" His cheeks start to redden halfway through, and he avoids looking at you. You thought it was cute and charming.

"I understand, Tae. I'll describe it to you."

"What did you just call me?"

"Huh? Oh, I'm sorry! That was inappropriate for me to call you without your permission—!"