62

Zayn Malik

I was in a very bad mood and the fact Amber had just walked in didn't make it any better. I had barely slept last night because I was too anxious about seeing her again, and the way my stomach fluttered with the thought made me want to punch myself.

A part of me was dying to seee her again because I missed her... and then I remembered that it was all a lie.

Well, the fact Cleo and Harry decided to have a little pool party last night also wasn't helpful. Being alone with my thoughts and wondering how I could get my memories back was interrupted by their loud ass moaning, and I realized they were outdoors, and not upstairs. Not that it made any difference, the noise was still too much.

I grabbed the damn headphones Harry had gotten me, which I assumed had been a joke, but I had a feeling I'd be needing them a lot if I stayed here.

It was very weird to me, after watching Harry hating her and the Horans since I can remember, the last thing I expected was to witness this.

He was happy, though.

He deserved all the happiness in the world, despite what he thought. I still couldn't wrap my head around the idea that Cleo was a bottom, by the way. I knew Harry very well, sexually speaking too, but Cleo had a strong personality and I assumed she'd have some conflict with Harry on the dominance matter because they were both stubborn as fuck on the daily basis and very similar. But no... they were oddly compatible.

And very much in love.

As much as I wanted to help them and be here for Harry, I also wanted to go home... sleep in my bedroom and just let them enjoy themselves and maybe realize on their own what was going on. But I was secretly dreading it because I knew my apartment would smell like Amber.

I still had a few of her things there...I still remembered the way we talked about moving in together.

I knew that I lied to her about my profession, but what she did was incomparable. She only started this relationship because it was her job, because she needed a link to Harry and his family, and I was the stupid one to fall for her.

How long had she studied me and my behavior? How did she plan it?

The countless nights I'd spent worried sick about her safety, afraid that Desmond or Harry would want her dead because she worked at Eroda and was Cleo's friend... and now look at us.

I wanted to hate her... but I wasn't going to let my feelings interfere with any of this, she could be helpful and Cleo still trusted her, so I figured I could be the mature one.

The FBI's help was something I never fucking expected, we were all criminals in this house and Harry had literally let her in. I knew we had immunity now, but either way, it was dangerous. I hated cops.

Amber was wearing the same style of clothes as she usually would when she was being a fucking actress, jeans and a simple sweater, and her hair was tied up in a bun. The dark circles around her eyes were more evident and I wondered if they were from working late at Eroda or working at the bureau.

Speaking of which, I knew her job wasn't easy. I wasn't going to talk shit about it because she was risking her life infiltrating Catherine's business like this, and dancing demanded a lot of effort.

Also, watching girls disappearing throughout the years and not being able to do anything because you had to follow a plan and stick to your role had to be very frustrating.

Didn't change the fact she used me, led me on, and fucking lied. Her eyes instantly met mine the moment she stepped into the living room, followed by Harry and Cleo, but I looked away from her.