25. Michelle

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
content warning:
sexual themes
| nothing graphic |
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

It was a dangerous combination of alcohol, grief, and self-loathing that put George in this situation. Hungrily tearing at clothes, getting tangled in sheets, sweat dripping from his forehead, feeling nothing yet everything all at once.

An hour that George would come to regret and a name he would never remember.

Long brunette hair tickled the skin on his chest as her body shifted to dominate him and he began to wonder if she too was battling her own demons by being with him that night, but he quickly pushed the thoughts out of his head.

Blurred vision and two bodies that never truly found a perfect rhythm with one another were all that occupied his mind that night. But foggy memories and a painful feeling of remorse would be all that remained in the morning.

It all started out as an ordinary night at the Leaky Cauldron. George hadn't been coping very well with the anniversary of Fred's death. The combination of his niece's birth, his confusing feelings for Eloise, and reaching a full year without his brother was enough to drive him to drink that evening - and drink he did.

He must have been on his third or fourth firewhisky by the time the beautiful brunette sat down next to him and introduced herself. Though he wasn't sober enough to remember her first name, he certainly didn't care enough to ask her what her last name was.

They spent another hour or so flirting with each other at the pub, sneaking the occasional lingering touch under the bar and whispering suggestively in each other's ears before George finally proposed they go back to his flat.

The fact that they were both stumbling down the sidewalk should have been enough of an indication that what was about to happen would be a horrible idea. But George was desperate, and at that moment he truly didn't care about the consequences of his actions.

He wanted to somehow feel something and forget about everything at the same time, and believed the woman with olive skin and long brown hair would do just that.

But all he could imagine was wild blonde curls, full rosy lips, and pale freckled skin in her place.

-

In the morning George fully expected to wake up alone, he hoped to wake up alone. But as his eyes fluttered open, he felt a weight on his left arm and glanced over to see the brunette woman from last night still sound asleep. He muttered curses under his breath and carefully snaked his arm out from underneath her, praying that his movements wouldn't rouse her.

Slowly and carefully, he shifted his body to get out of the bed, watching her the entire time to make sure she wasn't going to awaken suddenly. He figured she would have left at some point in the night, and that honestly was what he wanted. He really didn't want to deal with any awkward conversations or god forbid her asking him out for coffee.

George grabbed clean clothes from his dresser as quickly and quietly as possible before tiptoeing to the bathroom across the hall. Luckily Charlie had been spending more and more nights at Verity's flat, so neither of them were there to see the mystery woman. If either of them saw her, George knew he would be in for the interrogation of a lifetime.

Although the flat was completely quiet and empty at the moment, he hoped the sound of the shower turning on would be enough to wake up the woman and give her enough of a hint that she should leave.

He tossed his clothes down on the counter and quickly moved past the mirror to start the water as he hastily undressed and hopped in before it even had the chance to warm up. The freezing cold water felt slightly painful against his skin, but nothing hurt more than the foggy memories of what he did the night before.