Chapter 82

WARNING: Well...uh...proceed with caution?

The sun had just set, leaving orange and pink brush strokes painted in the England evening sky on October 31st. A small brunette girl stood looking out of a window in a Godric's Hollow house memorized by the display in front of her, an even smaller brunette boy perched upon her right hip. She was saying something to him while pointing out at the sky, her voice sounding like mumbles from where James was standing.

He chuckled under his breath at how animated she looked while talking to the younger boy and couldn't help himself from starting to walk towards the two. James snuck one arm around her waist from behind and the other around the small boy, placing a delicate kiss on both of their cheeks.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Elsie spoke softly with a smile on her face, staring out into the colorful sky before her.

James nestled his head into the space between Elsie's and Harry's and turned his face towards his wife, his nose nuzzling against her cheek, "Yes, you are."

Of course he thought the orange and pink and red sky was a brilliant way to end the day, but James paid no mind to them anymore. Sunsets couldn't even begin to compare to the early morning, late night, middle of the day type of beauty that the girl wrapped in his arms naturally was made of.

"Cliché git," Elsie chuckled as Harry climbed into James' arms, turning her face so she could press a kiss against James' nose.

He snuck a quick kiss onto her lips before winking at her, "S'your fault."

"Wiwi," Harry shouted excitedly as he began wiggling his way up James' shoulder, slapping his back playfully.

Elsie and James both turned their heads around to face the red head leaning against the doorframe of the living room, a large book in her hand. She shook her head and laughed under her breath as she walked towards the small family.

"Yes, Harry, your Aunt Wiwi has come to save you," she chuckled, taking Harry from James' arm and nuzzling her nose against his, "And, she has a present for you."

"Oi, you get a present for my son, but not for me?!" James jokingly pointed a finger at her, his other arm still wrapped around Elsie's waist.

Both Lily and Elsie rolled their eyes at the older boy until Lily spoke again, "Actually it's for all of you. Come on, I'll show you."

She lead them towards the small, green couch and placed the large book in her hands down on the table in front of her. James and Elsie gave each other a curious look before copying Lily's actions. Harry crawled over the three pairs of sitting thighs until he was wrapped into Elsie's embrace.

"Lils, why on earth have you gotten us a-," Elsie couldn't even finish her sentence before Lily cut her off.

"Oh, shush," she chuckled while pointing an accusing finger at Elsie, opening the book in front of her excitedly, "It's just a small scrapbook that has a bunch of pictures of all of us and of Harry. I had Sirius and Remus help, they made it and brought it yesterday. I put the last few finishing touches on it last night."

"Lily," James whispered as he stared down at the book, "You're brilliant, but why-,"

"For Harry," she said in a soft voice, gazing down at the cover while nostalgically continuing, "So he always remembers the love that he came from. A story like that shouldn't be forgotten."

A moment of silenced awe passed before James and Elsie quickly glanced at each other, then over towards Lily who was smiling knowingly.

"Go on, then. Take a look," the ginger nodded towards the book as Elsie slowly reached out to flip open the cover.