𝐯 𝐢 𝐧 𝐠 𝐭 - 𝐬 𝐢 𝐱

Jacob ran a hand nervously through his hair as he followed Madelyn inside the pack house. Of course, he wanted to talk to the girl he saw weeks ago at the beach, but now that it was real, he wasn't so sure anymore. And if he didn't imprint on her? He growled at that thought. He didn't like the fact that it was the ancestors who got to choose his soulmate. Madelyn looked behind her when she heard the growl. She sent her pack brother a reassuring smile before going back to her imprint, who was talking with Jared at the kitchen table. Nathaniel's eyes brighten up when he saw his beloved. Eagerly, he wrapped an arm around her waist and brought her down on his lap, kissing the crook of her neck.

"Nate! That's my sister, keep it away from my poor eyes," Jared whined and threw a piece of muffin at the vampire, who caught it swiftly and popped it in his mate's mouth. Madelyn chewed happily and gave him a sweet kiss to thank him. Eva chuckled at the scene, finding their complicity sweet, between all of them actually. She rose her eyes to watch the last person she had yet to meet. This must be Jacob, Eva thought, recognizing the boy she saw and then, disappeared.

"Hi! You are Jacob, right?" Eva chirped, rising up from her seat. Jacob flinched slightly, not thinking she would be so straightforward and eager to meet him. He met her beautiful black eyes and almost fell down on his behind. Suddenly, it wasn't gravity holding him to the planet, it was her. His gorgeous imprint.

His vision glazed over for a few seconds and he saw himself growing old with his imprint, and he enjoyed every second of it

His vision glazed over for a few seconds and he saw himself growing old with his imprint, and he enjoyed every second of it. He was kind of sad he couldn't record it, because at that moment, he wanted nothing more than watched it over and over. When he got his sight back, his knees felt weak and he plopped down on the chair besides Paul involuntary. The Lahote wolf was clearly laughing at him and that got an annoyed growl from the new imprinter. Glancing back up, he met the eyes of his imprint, who was clearly confused.

"Um, is he okay?" She whispered in Madelyn's ear, who only giggled in response, nodding. Not wanting to be seen as a weirdo, Jacob jumped back up and walked to his imprint.

"Yes, it's me. Jacob. That's me," He nearly punched himself when he heard the pack snickering in the background. "And who are you?" He gave her a small smile that Eva found cute, even if he was a little odd.

"I'm Eva Curtis. You're the guy I was looking for," The brown-haired girl bluntly stated. Jacob's eyes widened slightly.

"Oh. Really? I mean. Yeah, that's probably right," Quil fell out of his chair, laughing. He had never seen his best friend being that awkward and not being able to talk normally to someone. Eva let out a small laugh too. Going back to his senses, Jacob invited her for a walk and they went outside. Madelyn's smile widened while she looked back to her beloved.

"I knew it was her! I'm so happy for Jake," Nathaniel chuckled at her excitement, rubbing the small of her back lovingly.

"Good job, mon amour [my love]," The Swan girl smiled softly and let her head fall onto his shoulder, her breath hitting the crook of her imprint's neck. They sighed in sync, relaxed together. For the rest of the day, they enjoyed being with the pack before going to patrol together.