༄ 𝟏𝟔 ༄

The loud echo of the club started to become muffled as you step into the chilly night air, holding up Eren's left shoulder for support.

His arm was draped around you, leaning against you as you walked towards the uber Armin had called. His right arm remained around Armin, and Annie held your free hand as you walked.

It had seemed that Eren consumed more alcohol than he let on previously, as he muttered angry threats under his breath and stumbled occasionally. When Eren approached you on the dance floor, he had seemed to be somewhat sober.

Armin releases Eren to open the door, and the body weight that the blonde boy supported now fell onto you, causing you to wobble a bit. You tell Annie to enter the car first and scoot all the way down, as Armin gets in the front.

You could tell Annie was still drunk, but not as rowdy as before. She had a concerned expression on her face, which was a rare sight for her. Usually her face remained blank. You felt bad about her of fun being ruined, since it was such a rare sight to see Annie like that, even though it wasn't your fault Eren had to start something with a random guy. And a guy you had met and become friends with too. How did they even meet, and what caused Eren to punch him?

Armin helped you guide Eren into the backseat beside you, as you sat down in the middle. Eren mumbled something about being able to move himself, and slumped down in the seat. His arm remained around you with his body pressed against your shoulder as his head hung, slouched over.

You look up at his face. His eyes were closed, his furrowed brow now relaxed. The street light outside illuminated his harsh features. Sweat glistened off of his forehead and stray hairs that had fallen from his bun (which wasn't much of a bun anymore) clung to it. He looks so peaceful, like none of that just happened, you thought to yourself.

You'd never seen him asleep before, his face usually twisted into some devilish smirk or a menacing glare, with no in between. You reach up and brush away the hairs hanging in-front, and his nose scrunches. You smile to yourself. He's like a little kid right now.

His hand snaps up and grasps yours tightly, and you jolt in shock at the sudden movement. He drops both of your hands onto his lap, never opening his eyes. His face relaxes again, and his head drops onto your shoulder. Shortly after, Annie's head drops onto the other.

I'll let them sleep.

-

You arrive back at the boy's frat house shortly, and Connie and Jean come outside to help get Eren in. Once he's brought into the light, you notice the knuckles on his hand you were holding were busted open, blood seeping out of them. Shit. Glad I didn't touch them.

"Jean. Take him up to his room. I'm gonna treat the cuts on his hand. Connie, find where the first aid kit is."

"R-right." Connie nods uncertainly and walks away, and you guess that means he doesn't know where it is.

"We have an open bedroom upstairs, you guys are crashing here tonight," Armin says, "im not letting you leave knowing you've had that much to drink."

You go to object, but glance at Annie's current state sprawled on the couch. "Alright. Can you take her upstairs and get out some clothes for her to change into?"

His cheeks turn pink. "Oh-"

"Don't worry about changing her, i'll do that."