Practice Makes Pefect

You were feeling more and more threatened as the lioness kept pressuring you to go with her and the two mice. "I appreciate the offer, but I'm leaving," You stated as you turned to walk away. You didn't make it very far when the two mice ran in front of you to block your path.

"Is it human custom to turn down such generosity?" One asked.

"Is it anthro custom to force unwanted outings on strangers," You returned.

The lioness came up behind you and grabbed your left arm, "You're making this harder than it needs to-"

"Hey! What do you think your doing to him?" Hunter shouted as he ran towards you.

"We were only offering to treat him to some ice cream," The lioness innocently.

"He said 'no thanks,' take a hint," Hunter growled.

The lioness began to bare her fangs when she saw Tanya and Annika approaching hunter from behind. Not wanting to draw more unwanted attention to herself, the lioness smiled and released you before shrugging.

"Sorry about that," She apologized, "I guess I got excited. We'll be going now; I'll see you around." She said as she waved and turned to leave with the mice. As the large feline left, she cast one more glance at you from over her shoulder, "Count on it..." She muttered under her breath as she exited the stadium.

"You alright?" Hunter asked.

"Yeah," You nodded, "Just a little weirded out."

"What was that all about?" Annika asked when she reached you.

"Your guess is as good as mine," You shrugged.

You looked over at Tanya, who seemed to be staring warily at the lioness as she left.

"Are you okay Tanya?"

She looked down at you with an intense gaze. A seriousness that you'd never seen in her eyes before. You'd always known Tanya to be laid back and easy going. But the look she was giving you told you something wasn't right.

In an instant, Tanya returned to her normal self, "Hm? I'm the one who should be askin' you that."

"I'm okay, but you seemed like something was bothering you just now," You explained.

"Nah," Tanya replied as she waved a hand dismissively, "Let's get going. You guys need to hit the showers."

You noticed that on your way back to the car, Tanya was keeping a close eye on you and an even closer eye on her surroundings. You weren't sure what, but something about your encounter with that lion really set her off.

Tanya drove you back to the house where you, Hunter and Annika took turns showering. When you came out of the shower, you found that Luna was home. You were going to say hi when you stopped yourself as you heard their conversation.

"A lioness?" Luna asked.

"And two mice," Tanya replied.

"And you're sure that they were after him?" She questioned.

"Hunter told me what he heard, that kid has some pretty sharp ears. Apparently, they offered Kiba a trip to an ice cream parlor. But he turned them down twice before the lioness gripped him by the arm and tried to 'coax' him into going with them."

Luna growled at hearing that, "When I find that woman I'm gonna rip her apart for laying her hands on him."

"Hey now, save that for later," Tanya chided, "We've gotta find them first."

Luna quickly calmed herself and nodded, "Yes, yes, you're right. It's been tough for me to control my temper lately."

"And I'm sure in every instance there was a common denominator," Tanya smirked.