ch.25

chapter twenty-five  - to the rescue

chapter twenty-five - to the rescue.
0:35 ━❍──────── -3:18
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

To say that Aeri was furious was a grave understatement.

Just the word angry was nothing compared to what she had actually felt for Renjun at the moment. It was as if fire surged through her veins, burning each and every part of her body that it passed through.

"Did you tell him?" Jaemin gasped, pointing an accusing finger at the woman. Immediately, Aeri stood up, already being riled up, but before she could speak, Jisung had jumped in to defuse the situation.

Arguing was the last thing they needed to do right now.

He stood between the two approaching figures, protectively with his hands up and out to push the Na back a safe distance. "Hey, don't jump to conclusions. She wouldn't do that,"

"How do you know? She's literally dating our opponent?" The pink haired male scoffed, crossing his arms firmly together atop his chest.

"Where is this new attitude coming from? What'd I do to you—" Aeri peaked over Jisung's broad shoulders, but swiftly he stepped in front of her— blocking the woman's vision as he began to interject again.

"She wants to win just as much as we do. She wouldn't betray her own success," His low voice bellowed deeply in the room, yet the men hadn't been affected as their focus was too driven by their frustrations of the situation.

"How do you explain that!" Chenle gestured towards the television screen where Renjun began to sing the chorus of their original song. "Jisung wrote that song himself! We only have the copies,"

Jisung knew it wasn't just a simple coincidence. He wrote that song recently, after the Huang left their group.

Aeri watched as the blonde turned to her, his hands placed at her shoulders. "Did you tell him? Even mentioned it in the slightest way?" He held her at arms length, his eyes pooling into hers— shaking as he looked for any sort of answer. He was just as angry- no more so. Who would blame him? His song was just stolen from his hands. But he didn't allow it to show at the moment. "You guys went on a date yesterday, right?

"Yes, but I didn't tell him when we were at the cafe, nor after or before that," The female's hands reached up to her hair— threading it tightly at her locks— pulling on the strands out of stress.

"Was there any chance he could've looked at your phone or computer?" Mark asked, stepping up to the pair.

Her face drained of blood. It was as if any color in her body left as her skin turned cold and pale.