Chapter 30 - Prayers

🎶 Mitwa

Published on 02.06.2021

● A U T H O R ●

"Vihaan come-on," Aarohi yelled from the living room, "we were supposed to leave by now," she said glancing at her watch and tapping her foot impatiently.

"One second." Vihaan shouted back from the kitchen.

It was Sunday, the day when they were supposed to go for an outing. They had decided that they'll first go to Bandra fort, followed by Siddhivinayak Temple and Hanging Gardens and at the end Marine Drive. Aarohi was wearing a scarlet coloured full sleeves crop top with black high waisted jeans, her hair was tied in a high ponytail with short flicks of hair framing the side of her face. She also had a knapsack on her back carrying her DSLR camera.

"Usually it's the girls who take time but here it's you," she complained when she saw him coming wearing a white shirt and blue jeans with a plate of sandwiches. "We were supposed to leave by 9 and now it's already 9:05!" Aarohi screeched as if they just missed an important train.

Vihaan looked at her in bafflement but returned to his usual calm expression since he was used to such theatrics by now. "Jeez! Calm down and have these sandwiches which I just prepared." He said coolly.

Aarohi widened her eyes in disbelief. "Oh no no no. Absolutely no. We are not going to waste anymore time now," she declared. "Give me the car keys and let's leave."

"Why do you need the keys?" He frowned.

"Because I'm driving the car." She shrugged nonchalantly.

"No. You're not."

Aarohi clicked her tongue in plain distaste. "Please. You know I can drive so what's the problem?" She looked at him with a sad face similar to that of a small child who believes he or she is being treated unfairly.

Vihaan sighed. There was no way he could win against her especially when she looked at him with that face. "Fine." He handed her the car keys which she took from him excitedly. "Now eat this sandwich."

"We don't have time Vihaan. Let's go."

He stopped her by grasping her wrist making her turn. Aarohi heaved a tired breath when he glared at her. She freed her hand and picked a slice.

"Aarohi wait." He called out when he saw her moving towards the door.

She halted, turned and grinned at him. "I'll have it on my way down." She said waving the slice and then taking a bite.

"Where are your mannerisms?!" He scoffed.

"At the Bandra fort." She rolled her eyes. "Stop standing like a statue and move your feet. Don't forget to close the door behind you." She gave him a sweet smile and walked out of the door.

Vihaan clenched his jaw. Can there be any one morning when she doesn't get on his nerves? Apparently no. So he followed her.

In the elevator, Aarohi offered him the half eaten slice knowing very well that it would just irritate him more. Vihaan looked at her with a hard gaze and replied with a stern "no".

They got into the car and to Aarohi's surprise it was Vihaan who started the music.

"Trust my driving skills. I'll make you feel as if you're flying through heaven." She said dramatically looking in front of her dreamily and although Vihaan tried to maintain a poker face, he couldn't help the smile that stretched out on his face before he chuckled slightly.

"Just make sure that I don't actually reach there." He commented playfully and Aarohi snorted.

They reached the Bandra fort in about 45 minutes. Aarohi took her camera out of the bag and hung it around her neck before getting out of the car.