Chapter 196: Three Realms IV

His hand caresses my cheek. Eyes staring into mine, glinting mischievously.

"Zi Huo! What are you doing here?! You can't be here. It's against the rule!" I put my hand against his chest, pushing us apart.

"You're the one who kidnapped me." Removing my hand, he brings it to his lips and gently plants a kiss.

"Zi Huo!"

Someone knocks on the door, making me jump out of the bed.

"Divine Creator Yuxing? We have prepared a special breakfast for you at the Palace Hall."

Whispering aggressively, I turn to Yang Zi Huo, "Hide! Be good!"

Enjoying my flustered reaction, he lies on the bed with his head resting on his hand. A sultry look appears on his face.

"Divine Creator Yuxing?"

"I'm awake! I don't need breakfast, thank you!"

"But-"

"I'll be out in a few minutes! Please leave!"

"Yes, Divine Creator Yuxing." The person outside the door retreats with the sound of her steps getting farther away.

I look over to him, still resting on the bed. "Aren't you nervous being here without permission?! We need to get you out of here."

"Well then, how is the Divine Creator planning on getting me out of here without being noticed?"

"You're putting this on me? I don't know."

"We're in the same situation as when you were transported to Demon City." He pauses to sit up and stretch his arms high. "Only this time, I was brought to where you are."

I start pacing back and forth. "Okay, okay. We can disguise you and leave immediately."

Tripping over my own feet, I'm about to fall face first onto the crystal table. Something creeps up behind, arms trapping me in a snuggly embrace. I'm turned around and fall backwards as his weight pushes me over. His palm slams onto the table, the other slithering around my waist.

"Careful, Yuxing."

We're too close!

"Excuse me, Divine Creator Yuxing!" The door is suddenly pushed open. Chief Song's eyes widen when she sees Yang Zi Huo holding me in an unsightly position over the table.

"Chief Song!" As I was about to explain myself, Yang Zi Huo moves away without me realizing and my grip on his chest makes a ripping sound.

"Zi Huo!" I try to cover up his exposed upper body. Chief Song looks away from the chaos, clearing her throat.

We're now sitting in the main hall. The breakfast is grand with porridge and various steamed dishes. Chief Song had someone fetch a pair of robes for Yang Zi Huo to wear. He's seated in the same chair to the right of the throne, drinking tea.

"Divine Creator Yuxing may not know this, but we have a rule to not allow men in our kingdom uninvited. This includes his highness, the Demon King." Chief Song breaks the silence, immediately bringing attention to the awkward situation earlier.

"I apologize, Chief Song. You've all been courteous hosts, and I overstepped." I bow my head in shame. Even though it couldn't be helped... Yang Zi Huo was teleported through our mental link.

"It was my fault," Yang Zi Huo defends.

"No, it was my fault," I counter. "Zi Huo and I have a special connection that sometimes can't be helped in bringing us closer."