Twenty-Eight

Aries walked into her dorm with a small smile lifting her lips until a shriek came from another in the room.

Knowing she didn't have to mention where she had been all yesterday and the events that occurred last night, Aries was more than glad she went to the library instead of going straight to class.

That night Aries had rather scared herself and made matters worse when she decided to break for it and run. She had stayed the night with Lily and thankfully it was so late, her and her roommates did ask any questions.

With the strong possibility of answering questions from Lily and Alice, Aries fled the Gryffindor tower before anyone awoke.

"OH MY SALAZAR YOU'RE BACK!!" Marlene screamed excitedly, dropping the earring she was about to put on and letting her unhooked one dangle as she came running to her best friend.

"Took you long enough, all those weeks in the hospital...I was dying from boredom, there's not enough drama when you're not around." Mindy said as she painted her nail a deep purple.

"Oh, please, Mindy. Admit it, you missed my glorious presence." Aries flipped her hair over her shoulder as she grinned.

Mindy rolled her eyes, smiling nonetheless as she capped the nail polish. "There is magic for that, you know." Marlene said pointing to Mindy as she blew lightly on her freshly painted fingers.

"Yes, but where would the fun in that be? Plus it's a great time waster." She shrugged before using her magic to dry her nails and standing up to hug her roommate.

"And yes, the room was rather boring without your wit and constant need for a banter." Mindy teased as she pulled away from Aries and glanced at her nails to make sure they hadn't been smudged.

"What can I say? I have an addiction for attention." Aries joked, Marlene and Mindy both shook there heads, small laughs fleeing their lips.

"So, does this mean you'll be coming to the party?" Mindy asked as Marlene went to clip on her earrings again.

"Party?"

Marlene and Mindy shared a look, "Black was supposed to tell you." Marlene frowned.

"I haven't seen Sirius since he last visited me a couple days ago." Aries shook her head, beginning to take off her robes and shoes.

"Not that one, the other one. Regulus." Mindy rolled her eyes, making her way to the vanity to curl her hair.

Marlene eyed Aries while the raven haired girl began unbuttoning her white top, "wait a minute, why did you assume I was speaking to Sirius? Wait! Did you two finally make up!"

Now it was Aries turn to frown, giving Marlene a confused look, "Not exactly, why are you so excited about it? What's it to you." Marlene's expression changed too fast from enthusiastic to nonchalance.

"Nothing, really, I just...you know what, we have to get you ready for breakfast!" Marlene changed the subject.

"Who's invited to the party?" Aries asked, ignoring her best friend.

"The Prewett twins invited themselves." Mindy scoffed, "which means the Dungeons are sure to be crawling with Gryffindors. Probably a few from everyone's house with that in mind." She finished.