[3] - 𝘧𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯

• • 1960's • •

A BANGING ON THE WINDOW had awoken Wanda from her sleep. She sat up from the bed and looked over at Y/N, who was sleeping on the other.

"What was that?" She asked, and used her powers to turn on the lamp beside her husband. After a moment of silence, she turned it back off.

"Wanda? Are you using your powers to turn on the light?" Y/N asked as he turned towards her.

"Yes, dear."

"Allow me, sweetheart."

He got up from the bed and turned the lamp back on, then went over to the window to check on what caused the thudding. In his mind, it was probably Vision in the next room fixing up his cranium or something.

"What do you see?" Wanda asked from her bed.

Y/N examined the front lawn, "Only your lovely rose bushes."

"That's all? You don't see anything unusual?"

"I assure you, my love, I see nothing peculiar." He turned back around to face her, "You have absolutely no reason to be frightened—"

Suddenly the thudding resumed and startled Y/N, causing him to jump back into his covers.

"You were saying?" Wanda asked with a look.

"Actually, I did overhear a couple of folks at work talking about a few suspect characters settling in the neighborhood." He replied, "Now, who knows what those troublemakers might be up to? Robbing houses, vandalizing property..."

"Walking through walls, moving objects without touching them." Wanda referred to themselves.

"Wanda, honey, you can't be suggesting my colleagues were talking about us."

There was another loud thud and the two of them gasped. Wanda's fright caused her to use her powers to scoot the two beds together.

"One of us should really determine the source of that sound." Y/N said.

"Yes." She turned to him, "One of us should."

There was another thud, and Wanda started to get annoyed, "Oh, this is getting ridiculous. I'm going to take a look."

She used her telekinesis to open the curtains, only to see a branch from the tree outside banging against the window. Y/N sighed in relief.

"Well, I think we handled that well." Wanda said.

"Yes, I must say, I'm rather proud of myself." Y/N smiled then noticed their two beds together, "And look how you seized on the opportunity to redecorate."

"This is better isn't it?" Wanda smirked.

"I'd say so."

With a snap of her fingers, she turned the two beds into one. Y/N gave a smirk back.

"Wanda?"

"Yes, dear?"

"Get the light."

His wife turned off the light, and the two of them went under the covers.

• • •

VISION STOOD IN THE LIVING ROOM, wearing the attire of a magician. He was practicing and talking to the imaginary crowd.

"Ladies and gentlemen, for our final trick, I bring you the Cabinet of Mysteries." Vision waved his wand towards his left and waited. Nothing happened.