𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧 𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐮𝐭

The weeks pass by quickly, you notice. The festival was only right around the corner and you only had a few hours to get the club room ready for the big event. Senku had given you all the help he could since he knew this event meant a lot to you. It wasn't every day that people get to witness your expertise in gastronomy. People always noticed Senku because he made it a point that he was well-rounded in terms of science, a jack-of-all-trades if I may. You, however, have been hiding in Senku's shadow all these years just waiting for a chance to shine. And this was it. He didn't want to steal the spotlight this time, he wanted people to realize your potential and not berate you as just his assistant. You were your own person with your own strengths and weaknesses. And he respected you for that.

Through Senku's observation, he noticed that not only were you a good chef, he also noticed your leadership skills. He smiled at this, imagining your future as a well-renowned chef in a kitchen filled with rushing cooks following your every order. Just like your father.

He chuckles knowing how much you've admired your old man. It was only natural you'd follow in his footsteps. Who knows, you may be able to surpass your old man someday. But where did Senku fit in all that?

Both of you had spoken about the future a few times, a prime example was that one talk you two had in his house. But it never really occurred to the both of you if you were even gonna be together in the future. It was clear that Senku wanted to be an astronaut, like his father. And you had shown interest in being a chef, just like your father. Now that it was played out in front of him, he realized those two didn't have any connections. Sooner or later, the two of you would have to part ways to pursue your dream careers. Sure, you had an interest in science and space but you could never match Senku's enthusiasm for it. Your heart belongs in the kitchen, and his in the lab. Would there be a gray area in between where you two could still be together despite the differences in careers? The probability was low, but Senku still hoped.

Now wasn't the time to be worrying about such things. Today, he needed to help you. And tomorrow would be the big day. You always helped him without fail, and this time he wanted to pay you back.

Senku watched as you made the members taste-test your dishes one by one. The result was obvious. "I did not know oyster and passion fruit went this well together." One of the members mutter as they cover their mouth with their hand, a blissful look on their face as they chewed. You chuckle at this, "You'd be surprised at what flavors you could end up with if you just experiment with your ingredients."

Senku smirked. "Didn't your parents ever teach you to not play with your food?" He teased while picking at his ear. You just stuck your tongue out to him playfully and continue to make more passion fruit caviar.

The ruby-red teen could feel his heart skip a beat. He scoffed and gripped his shirt, trying to calm down the beating organ inside his ribcage. Feelings were never really Senku's strong suit. He saw no logical reason to look into them, and so he just ignored it. And now that ignorance has come to punch him square in the face. His pride didn't allow him to confide with anyone regarding it, so he turned to science for help.

An experiment, if you will.

But that is a topic for another time in the near future.

Turning around to look at your friend, you saw he had an unpleasant look plastered on his face as he gripped his shirt. Being your usual annoying self, you decide to tease him a bit. "You look like you're about to shit yourself, you doing ok?" You laugh and stood beside him, leaning against the same wall he was leaning at. You could feel Senku tense up a bit but thought nothing of it. For now, at least.

"I drank... too much coffee. It's just palpitations." He spoke, and it was clear that there was hesitation in his tone. You sigh, had his problem not been solved yet? He never lies to you unless it was really necessary, so now you were worried. You wanted to stay a bit longer, but one of the members needed your help.