chapter 5 : repress

𝗘𝘃𝗶𝗲'𝘀 𝗣.𝗢.𝗩

The rest of the week was a nightmare. Task after task after task, some impossible ones at that. I have no idea why she's making things so hard for me. This is still my job though and i'm still her assistant no matter what. I did all the tasks the best I could.

Until finally my lunch break, me and Kayla had went to this new cafe that was a few blocks away.
"Is it just me who noticed that Ms. Evans is acting weirder than usual." Kayla said.
"Actually, she has been acting different lately but I don't know why."
"Maybe she's getting into it with her husband."
"TRUST ME they are the "happiest" they could ever be right now that cannot be the reason."

"Well then I don't know. You're her assistant maybe you should ask her what's wrong."
"Nope. No way." I said quickly remembering the events from a little over a week ago.
"It's almost 12:30 we should get going." I say to stop the conversation from continuing.

We walked back to our workplace. When I entered Ms. Evans office she was nowhere to be seen. A huge stack of papers on my desk. I sigh knowing by the time I finish that i'll be exhausted. What I didn't notice before was on the edge of my desk was a small Post - It note
"Meet me in 2 hours. We need to talk."

sorry for the short chapter when i say i had no inspo while writing this I really mean it. i'll make it up to you guys next chapter 👴🏾 !!