1.17: It's On

{1st of September, 1994}

"As I was saying," he said, smiling at the sea of students before him, all of whom were still gazing transfixed at Mad-Eye Moody, "we are to have the honor of hosting a very exciting event over the coming months, an event that has not been held for over a century. It is my very great pleasure to inform you that the Triwizard Tournament will be taking place at Hogwarts this year."

"You're JOKING!" said Fred Weasley loudly.

The tension that had filled the Hall ever since Moody's arrival suddenly broke. Nearly everyone laughed, and Dumbledore chuckled appreciatively.

"I am not joking, Mr. Weasley," he said, "though now that you mention it, I did hear an excellent one over the summer about a troll, a hag, and a leprechaun who all go into a bar . . ."

Professor McGonagall cleared her throat loudly.

"Er — but maybe this is not the time . . . no . . ." said Dumbledore, "where was I? Ah yes, the Triwizard Tournament . . . well, some of you will not know what this tournament involves, so I hope those who do know will forgive me for giving a short explanation, and allow their attention to wander freely.

"The Triwizard Tournament was first established some seven hundred years ago as a friendly competition between the three largest European schools of wizardry: Hogwarts, Beauxbatons, and Durmstrang. A champion was selected to represent each school, and the three champions competed in three magical tasks. The schools took it in turns to host the tournament once every five years, and it was generally agreed to be a most excellent way of establishing ties between young witches and wizards of different nationalities — until, that is, the death toll mounted so high that the tournament was discontinued."

"There have been several attempts over the centuries to reinstate the tournament," Dumbledore continued, "none of which has been very successful. However, our own International Magical Cooperation and Magical Games and Sports departments have decided the time is ripe for another attempt. We have worked hard over the summer to ensure that no champion will find himself or herself in mortal danger this time.

"The heads of Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be arriving with their short-listed contenders in October, and the selection of the three champions will take place at Halloween. An impartial judge will decide which students are most worthy to compete for the Triwizard Cup, the glory of their school, and a thousand Galleons personal prize money."

"I'm going for it!" Fred Weasley hissed down the table, his face lit with enthusiasm at the prospect of such glory and riches. He was not the only person who seemed to be visualizing himself as the Hogwarts champion. Cassiopeia could see people either gazing raptly at Dumbledore or else whispering fervently to their neighbors at every House table. But then Dumbledore spoke again, and the Hall quieted once more.

"Eager though I know all of you will be to bring the Triwizard Cup to Hogwarts," he said, "the heads of the participating schools, along with the Ministry of Magic, have agreed to impose an age restriction on contenders this year. Only students who are of age — that is to say, seventeen years or older — will be allowed to put forward their names for consideration. This" — Dumbledore raised his voice slightly, for several people had made noises of outrage at these words, and the Weasley twins were suddenly looking furious — "is a measure we feel is necessary, given that the tournament tasks will still be difficult and dangerous, whatever precautions we take, and it is highly unlikely that students below a sixth and seventh year will be able to cope with them. I will personally be ensuring that no underage student hoodwinks our impartial judge into making them Hog- warts champion." His light blue eyes twinkled as they flickered over Fred's and George's mutinous faces. "I, therefore, beg you not to waste your time submitting yourself if you are under seventeen.

"The delegations from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang will be ar- riving in October and remaining with us for the greater part of this year. I know that you will all extend every courtesy to our foreign guests while they are with us, and will give your whole-hearted support to the Hogwarts champion when he or she is selected. And now, it is late, and I know how important it is to you all to be alert and rested as you enter your lessons tomorrow morning. Bedtime! Chop chop!"

"Excuse me, Miss Black", A second-year Slytherin asked, "the headmaster requested you at the head table", As she went to reply she was cut off by the Slytherin, "he also said if you argue that you can bring your cousin and friend with you."

"Thanks, darling" Cassiopeia replied grabbing Nathaniel and Theodore, heading to the head table, unaware of the bright red mess she had left the boy in.

The trio walked straight up to the head table and stood in front of dumbledore who welcomed them with a smile.

"Ahh, Miss Black, It's a pleasure," Dumbledore said. He never really liked the young girl, had too much of a big mind to be influenced.

"Wotcher Dumbles" Cassiopeia answered blankly, ignoring the gazes of the marauders on the side of her. She was utterly confused by their presence, yet made sure not to show it,

"Right, I need you to help the staff with the Triwizard tournament. I need you to help us communicate effectively with the other schools, to make them feel comfortable of course. I have Mr. Potter, Mr. Black, and Mr. Lupin here to keep the champions safe in the tournament. they would greatly require your assistance in protecting the welfare of students" Dumbblore stated 

Seeing the other confused faces she replied sarcastically, "So basically you trying to make me spend time with those bozoes" gesturing to the offended marauders, " and need me to help you get in the other school's good books, so when a catastrophe hits, you have them on your side" Cassiopeia ended, the others nodding in understanding. Dumbledore just silently gestured for her answers

"Sure why not dumbles" Cassiopeia replied shrugging, then the trio waltz back to their common rooms.

After they had left, the marauders turned to each other,

"Wonder where she got that from?" James asked sarcastically

"Please prongs, that was her uncle moony" Remus added, Sirius just stood there silently, staring at the exit of the great hall. "56 gallons by the end next week, you'll think she is a mini moony"

"Deal, 56 gallons she's a mini Padfoot by the end of next week" James confirmed

"It's on"

Words: 1232

Hi!

In exactly 14h and 20min I'm going on a stupid overnight hike. 😰 😰 😰 😰 😰
Wish me luck! This is the last chapter before I might die. I'm coming back on Sunday (Aus)

Anyway, while I'm gone, can you guys come up with ship names? I don't know whether you want cico and the ship name or Neodore as a name. I'm really bad at these names, like the other day I tried to combine harry styles and my last name (singh) and got 'singles'. So yeah 😥

See you on Sunday!

Have a good morning/afternoon or night

27TheEnd