Chapter 3

"Commander—"

"Commander—!"

"Namjoon—!"

His eyes bolted open, sitting upright, he took in a deep breath. Looking around to study his surroundings, his eyes were blurred, blinking them to clear until they landed on the young Professor.

"Jimin—"

"Oh thank god—!" Jimin gasped in relief, quickly rummaging into his bag pulling out the water jug. "Here, drink." He held it up to Namjoon's lips.

"I can do it Jimin." Namjoon groaned as his body sluggishly moved under him, feeling the aches and pains of it, he hadn't felt this way since his first day in military training. He took the water jug from Jimin and started drinking. Once he was done he looked back up at the Professor. "What happened?"

"You don't remember?" Jimin's eyes widened. "Y-you carried me and ran in the opposite direction of Hana and the other army man. I must have passed out on your back but when I awoke, we were here and you were the one passed out, leaning against this tree."

It was then Namjoon surveyed the surroundings properly, they were still in the forest but for some reason it seemed a lot brighter here, the trees less dense as the light above managed to penetrate through the canopy. He could hear water nearby and he breathed out a sigh of relief, mentally patting his shoulder in good work, he closed his eyes.

"I must've kept on running until I found this place and collapsed."

Jimin looked down at the Commander in guilt. "Sir, I'm so sorry for—" but he was silenced when Namjoon held his hand up.

Opening one eye Namjoon peered up at him, "No need to apologise. I should be the one apologising for my team and my lack the expertise for this place."

"Commander, I don't think it's your fault in any way. This was the great unknown, no one would have been prepared." Jimin reasoned but the Commander only let out a strained chuckle.

"That is true Jimin, but I can't help but feel responsible for the deaths of my men, bringing them here to their grave." He sighed deeply. Jimin looked down with a somber expression, the guilt still eating up at him and Namjoon could tell too that he was suffering.

"I believe Professor Hana is fine."

Jimin lifted his head in surprise. Namjoon gave him an assuring smile.

"Jungkook is one of my best out there, comparable to my skills and probably even better, he is just too young to be of Commander status. Hana should be safe in his hands, don't worry."

This made Jimin's lips tug up a little, "If anyone were to survive this place, I believe it would be Hana." Namjoon quirked his eyebrow in curiosity. "Hana is a force to be reckoned with and I have a feeling she'd probably be the one to save him in situations." He chuckled softly.

"Well it's good then that they have a good team." Namjoon smiled, noting the darkening sky he forced himself up.

"Sir I think you need to rest more—"

"I've rested enough, and call me Namjoon. You're making me sound old, I'm only a year older than you." He laughed and Jimin's eyes widened.