𝗤𝗨𝗜𝗗𝗗𝗜𝗧𝗖𝗛

QUIDDITCH
"𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝖽𝗈𝗇'𝗍 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖽𝖺𝗋𝖾 𝗅𝗈𝗈𝗄 𝖺𝗍 𝗆𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗒."

—ALEXANDRIA STRAIGHTENED OUT HER QUIDDITCH UNIFORM, LOOKING IN THE MIRROR

ALEXANDRIA STRAIGHTENED OUT HER QUIDDITCH UNIFORM, LOOKING IN THE MIRROR. It was November at the moment and it was the day of her quidditch match with Gryffindor. "Come on or you'll be late, Dria." Daphne pointed out after finishing with Alexandria's hair.

Grabbing her broom, the Slytherin heiress rushed out of the dorm room, not wanting to be late.

"You're going to fall," said a drawling voice when she stepped out of the common room.

Alexandria turned around, glaring suspiciously at the boy. "What do you want, Malfoy?"

"Keep running like that and you'll fall." was all he said just before walking away.

The girl sighed and started running again.

"Heavy rain today," mused their captain, Marcus Flint.

Graham Montague ruffled Alexandria's hair, who was looking down. "What's wrong, little heiress?"

"Not so little anymore, Montague." mumbled the said girl, putting on goggles.

"You're always little to us," he grinned "Now, what's wrong?"

But she didn't have time to answer as it was time to fly into the pitch—

"Let's go!" exclaimed Marcus Flint.

Flying through the pitch, Alexandria looked at the teacher's stands in hope, sighing when her father was nowhere in sight.

She didn't blame him, though. He had told her specifically to stay away from the dementors, but she didn't know that the dementors were on the pitch, literally right above them.

Feeling shivers go down her spine, Alexandria flew back down a bit, not wanting to be near the dementors.

Within five minutes, Alexandria and the rest of the players were soaked. She could hardly see her teammates let alone the snitch itself. On the other side of the pitch, it seemed like Harry Potter was having the same problem.

A flash of lightning made quite a few students scream, while the Slytherin heiress rolled her eyes at their dramatics.

The sound of a whistle caught her attention.

Madam Hooch was motioning for them to fly back down.

"I've called for a time out," explained Marcus as soon as the Slytherin team was back on the ground. "Heiress, are you alright?"

"Can't see in these." Alexandria replied, pulling off her goggles.

"What's the score?" asked one of the Slytherin beaters.

"We're 50 points up, but unless we catch the snitch, we'll be playing into the night."

"I've got no chance with these on!" exclaimed Alexandria angrily when one of the beaters started glaring at her. "And don't you dare look at me that way."

Graham punched the said beater in the arm so roughly that it would be surprising if the beater could swing his bat again.

"Let me fix those," said Adrian Pucey, the chaser alongside Marcus and Graham.

She gave the goggles to him, watching as he muttered a spell that sounded like "Impervious."

"Here. They'll repel water."

"Thanks." She said, putting them back on.

"Brilliant!" said Marcus Flint, catching everyone's attention again. "Let's go, team!"

The Gryffindor team flew out again just like the Slytherin team was. Full of fresh determination, Harry Potter urged his broom through the turbulent air, staring in every direction for the Snitch, avoiding a Bludger, ducking beneath Alexandria, who was streaking in the opposite direction.

There was another clap of thunder, followed immediately by forked lightning. This was getting more and more dangerous. Harry needed to get the Snitch quickly—

He turned, intending to head back toward the middle of the field, but at that moment, another flash of lightning illuminated the stands, and Harry saw something that distracted him completely, the silhouette of a girl with dark brown hair—

Harry's numb hands slipped on the broom handle and his Nimbus dropped a few feet. Shaking his sodden bangs out of his eyes, he squinted back into the stands. The girl had vanished.

Was it just a figure of his imagination?

"Harry!" came Wood's anguished yell from the Gryffindor goal posts. "Harry, behind you!"

Harry looked wildly around. Alexandria Slytherin was pelting up the field, and a tiny speck of gold was shimmering in the rain-filled air between them.

With a jolt of panic, Harry threw himself flat to the broom handle and zoomed toward the Snitch.

"Come on!" he growled at his Nimbus as the rain whipped his face. "Faster!"

But something odd was happening. An eerie silence was falling across the stadium. The wind, though as strong as ever, was forgetting to roar. It was as though someone had turned off the sound, as though Harry had gone suddenly deaf— what was going on?

And then a horribly familiar wave of cold swept over him, inside him, just as he became aware of something moving on the field below...

Before he'd had time to think, Harry had taken his eyes off the Snitch and looked down.

At least a hundred Dementors, their hidden faces pointing up at him, were standing beneath him. It was as though freezing water were rising in his chest, cutting at his insides. And then he heard it again... Someone with a cold hissing voice and his mother..

"No! Please not my baby! Kill me instead!"

"Step aside, silly girl." said the hissing voice.

"..Kill her instead."

There was a few seconds of silence until the hissing voice asked, "You're offering up somebody else's baby—?!"

"She's mine."

Losing grip of his broom, Harry started falling.

"Arresto Momentum!" said Dumbledore just before the boy fainted.