fifty three

~*~*~

~*~*~

"get the locket."

~*~*~

|june 28th, 1979|

to the dark lord
i know i will be dead long before you read this but i want you to know that it was i who discovered your secret. i have stolen the real horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as i can. i face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more.
R.A.B

regulus sat at the piano, playing a piece from the book summer had gotten him for his seventeenth birthday. he was now eighteen, only for three days at this point, and now he was going on a hunt for a horcrux. he played the piece on piano and began to sing lowly to it, as he was never allowed to do that normally when his parents were around but he'd locked them up in the attic since easter, he hadn't even checked on them. he didn't care to. they were still under his spell.

he softly sang the words to at last by etta james, he liked her surname very much and he played the chords beautifully as he done so. the two cats were perched atop of the piano, next to the fake locket and the note he'd just written to put into it when he was ready to leave. there was also two other letters he was intending to send, because this was a very dangerous mission, a lot could go wrong and this could possibly be his last day on earth.

he didn't think he would be missed, but he wanted to send a letter to these two people incase anything did happen to him, they'd know what had happened. he didn't want anyone spreading rumours of his death, especially to those people. he had already written to summer because he knew her address and so it was easier, but he figured out where sirius and james lived and it turns out, it was the same flat.

sirius

i am writing to you because i am doing something dangerous and i might not make it. if i do, then i'll let you know. i am just writing to you because i want you to know that i didn't die trying to hurt someone or doing a death eater mission, as this is my own, personal quest.

regulus

james

i could be dead as you read this, depends on how this lone mission goes for me. i wanted to tell you as warning before it gets to you through rumours or anyone painting me as an evil death eater.

regulus

they were vague, impersonal and cold, but that was the point. he didn't want them to try and reach out and help him, it would be more of an inconvenience and a danger to him and them. he had more important things to deal with now, rather than thinking about people who love to leave him. he stopped played when he heard a rapid knock at the front door. he got up and went to the door and he knew it was someone he knew because only certain people knew how to get the house to show.