Chapter 42

Jungkook's powers – Time Control, Electricity Manipulation.

~~~~~~

"And clap your hands for the contestant participating from Majestic Academy! Kim Taehyung of the Bangtan Boys!"

"No!!"

Jimin pulled back Jennie as she cried out, her high pitched voice echoing throughout the arena.

Everyone stared at the crying girl in confusion. She continued to struggle against Jimin's strength and squirmed around as he forcefully held her back. The silence was uncomfortable.

"Jennie, calm down!" Jimin whisper shouted in her ear, trying to not make a scene.

"They can't take him! He won't survive! This was his plan all along! He wasn't going to kill Tae in some secretive way! He was going to do it in front of all us all, like it some sort of show–!"

Tzuyu's tall frame immediately came up in front of Jennie. She forcefully put her fist in Jennie's mouth, stopping her from talking even more.

None of the others had it in themselves to move, or apologize for the mess, or do anything at all. They couldn't believe what was about to happen.

They would force Taehyung to fight.

In a full-scale battle.

With the most powerful Majestian they had.

And they would kill him in front of everyone just like that.

As if it wasn't painful enough that he would die.

They just had to put it on for everyone like some sort of pastime extravaganza.

Namjoon couldn't believe his ears. He couldn't function as all the commotion occurred around him. He stared at the old man's face, he saw him smiling, his hands behind his back and his chest lifted proudly.

The man was sick.

He was a maniac.

He was a complete and total sociopath.

How could someone force a nineteen-year-old –who was already dying– to fight in front of everyone and risk killing himself. How could he do that? Where was the man's sympathy and humanity? How dare he smile in such a situation?

Jennie continued to squirm and whimper as everyone looked at her, the stillness in the arena unbearable. Even the MC had nothing to say as he watched the spectacle unfold in front of him. Everyone was beyond confused, except for these fourteen kids who had risked their lives for nothing like this to arise. And yet it still did.

No longer being able to restrain Jennie, Jimin harshly pushed her outside, Tzuyu helping him. They took the crying girl far away from everyone else, not wanting to make it a bigger deal than it already was. He was able to make it to the Rose Garden which was only a few feet away from the arena and gently patted her back as she cried.

She cried and cried and cried, she broke down into the pink-haired man's chest and hit him weakly with her hands.

They both fell to the ground, Jimin on his knees as he rubbed Jennie's back in comfort. Tzuyu noticed a few tears escape the courageous man's eyes, the sadness visible in his expression. Out of everyone else, he seemed to be keeping his cool the best. Not only had he instantly assimilated the news of Taehyung fighting but he was fast and rational enough to know that screaming and yelling would do no good to anyone.

Back at the arena, didn't take long before Jungkook too stumbled back a few steps, realising what was going to happen in a few seconds.

He looked up and stared into Professor Dill's eyes, hoping that this was a joke, that this was just some prank and that none of this was real. His teary doe eyes stared hopelessly at the tall man. Professor Dill could only snicker in response, showing just how much joy he got from it.