"We said our souls stayed here together, did we not?"

A/N - I'm back with a longer chapter than normal but I wanted to get this into one chapter. I hope you enjoy and I'll hopefully be back soon with another chapter. Enjoy!

***

Morning crept up on them too quickly, the couple leaving the comfort of the furs of their bed to start their day. Clarke had tried to hold onto Lexa for longer, entwine them together so efficiently she'd have no way of leaving the bed. Lexa just dragged her from the bed with her.

Was a lie in so hard to come by? Seriously?

Dressed, the two sat opposite at the small table in their tent – Lexa's tent? – Clarke wasn't sure anymore. That was something they needed to talk about, having her here permanently would definitely tell everyone they were together and spark Titus to do something stupid and reckless. Despite the day's events, Clarke let herself wonder what would happen if she stayed in Lexa's tent, had no tent of her own. What would the other clans think? Would Lexa be in more danger because of her?

"I can hear you thinking from here." Lexa smirked at her from behind her cup of water, her plate almost finished. "You do not have to tell me, but if it helps to talk, I'm here."

Clarke smiled. "I realised I should be getting to my own tent, but I don't know where it is or if I have one."

Lexa put her cup down and picked up one of the few pieces of fruit on her plate. "What are you asking me Clarke?"

She rolled her eyes. Lexa knew exactly what she was asking. "Do I have a tent or am I staying here with you?" She wanted to be serious, it was a serious conversation, but she couldn't help but smile.

Lexa swallowed the piece of apple in her mouth and looked at her. "We said our souls stayed here together, did we not?"

Clarke leant back, the hard wood digging between her shoulder blades for a moment. "That doesn't mean you're comfortable for everyone to know about us, which will happen if I share your tent."

For a moment Lexa dropped her gaze from Clarke but returned it quickly with a smirk. "You are assuming that most do not already suspect of a relationship between the two of us."

"Assuming and knowing are very different and we both know those distinctions can cost lives." Assumptions between their two people had cost several people their lives before her and Anya escaped the Mountain. "And Titus will do anything to keep us apart once we return to Polis."

Wiping her hands, Lexa stared at Clarke. "Then he can count the time it takes to fall from my balcony."

That stopped her, she wasn't sure if Lexa was being serious or was joking, was a Commander able to kill the Flamekeeper? Surely there was a law about that? But nothing about Lexa told her she was joking; she was as serious as she had been when they had spoken last night.

"You would kill him for doing his job?" It was a stretch, but she could see how someone in his position could perceive her as a threat to Lexa's safety should people know of the extent of their relationship.

Lexa shook her head and stood. "His job is to protect the Commander. My legacy is peace, I am what is holding this Kongeda together, I am not disillusioned to believe it would hold after my death. If he took your life to save mine, he would kill me. I told you last night, I won't survive losing you and peace with Skaikru hangs on your ability to reason with them. Killing you destroys the peace I have spent my time as Commander building and I will not have the strength to save it."

She turned back to Clarke who was still sat in her chair. "If Titus can not see that, then he is not fit to be the Flamekeeper."

Movement outside the tent cut off their conversation as Clarke stood to finish getting ready for the day, Lexa calling whoever was on the other side in. Indra pulled the tent flap aside to step inside and bowed her head, ready for what they had to do today and most likely looking forward to it. She couldn't deny, a small sadistic part of her was too, she wanted revenge for her friends.