(32) The Study Group

"I'm not supposed to tell anyone." Lydia said as Alex and Stiles followed her out of the classroom.

"Come on, anyone who ever says, 'I'm not supposed to tell anyone', is always dying to tell someone, so tell us!" Stiles pleaded.

"Why do you wanna know?" Lydia asked suspiciously.

"Can't tell you that, Lyds, sorry." Alex told her best friend.

"Then I'm not telling you." Lydia told them.

"But you are telling us that you could tell us something if you wanted to tell us?" Stiles said, a bit confused by his own sentence.

"Was that a question?" Lydia asked.

"It felt like a question." Stiles commented.

"Well, tell me if this feels like an answer." Lydia told them and paused. "No."

Alex and Stiles sighed in frustration before following her again.

"Lydia!" Alex said trying to stop her.

"Uh, Lydia, come on! Wait!" Stiles called out as Alex continued after her but he stopped.

She looked behind her only to realise that Stiles was gone.

"Stiles?" She called out.

She decided to go back only to see Erica with her hand on Stiles chest and him looking annoyed.

"That's right. You wanna play Catwoman?" Stiles questioned her. "I'll be your Batman."

He shrugged and walked past her.

"If you're wondering about Jackson's real parents,-" Erica told the teenage boy who turned to face her. "-they're about half a mile from here."

Stiles looked at her curiously before she continued.

"In Beacon Hills Cemetery." Erica finished and Stiles caught Alex's eye and they shared a look.

Erica started walking away and the two teenagers shared a look of annoyance knowing that they had to go after her so they did.

"Okay. Wait, wait, wait, wait." Stiles called out as they caught up to the female werewolf. "Do you know how they died?"

"Maybe." Erica answered. "If you tell me why you're so interested."

Erica suddenly stopped realising something.

"It's him, isn't it?" She asked them.

"What? Who, him who?" Stiles said trying to brush it off.

"The test didn't work, but it's still him." Erica pointed out and scoffing. "It's Jackson."

The two teenagers stopped in their tracks watching Erica leave.

"Damn it." Alex groaned.

§{~}§

They continued to follow Erica.

"You can't tell Derek, okay?" Alex told the tall blonde. "There's a lot more to this that you don't know about."

"Hmm." Erica said very lightly.

"And just because you got the Alpha bite makeover doesn't give you a license to go around destroying people." Stiles told her and she turned around to face him.

"Why not?" Erica questioned him. "That's all anybody ever used to do to me."

Erica glared at Alex who just widened her eyes in shock.

"I used to have the worst crush in the world on you." Erica told Stiles. "Yeah, you, Stiles. And you never once even noticed me. And that's because of her." Erica pointed to Alex.