XIV

Even concubine Jong heard about the Empress wanting a divorce and his highness saying he'll spend the night at her chambers.

❝Hahah, a divorce? Is that bitch crazy? Who does she think she is? Does she thinks she is better that the Emperor? Anyways, this may be my chance to become the Empress, yes, yes. I just need a plan to gain his favor again, when this baby is born I'm sure he will promote me again, yes...❞

At Phoenix Palace, Xu Yang was sitting at the table with concubines Ki, Xiao and Jiang and Zhang Wan in a akward silence.
The Emperor cleared his throat and looked at Xu Yang who snickered a little.

❝How considerate my wife is...to invite the other concubines here... ❞he said with a fake smile and his eyes nearly closed as he looked at Xu Yang.

❝The Empress treats us good, your majesty. ❞Concubine Xiao said with an innocent smile.

❝Is that so? I chosen a good woman to be my wife then.❞ he said taking his wine cup.

He expected Xu Yang to do something to avoid him, but it didn't crossed his mind that he will find three concubines here.

❝This one learned a new dance... may this one perform it for his majesty?❞ concubine Jiang said shying away.

Zhang Wan was about to open his mouth to refuse her offer, but Xu Yang anticipated this and was faster than him.

❝Of course, concubine Jiang. I've heard you're skilled in dance and I'm curious about your skills so please do. ❞Xu Yang said smiling.

Zhang Wan hit her with his elbow and looked at her.

❝Thank you, your majesty.❞ concubine Jiang stood up and waited for two servants to get the two zheng they prepared.

After the music started concubine Jiang began to slowly and gracefully move with the music. She looked as she was flying, moving effortlessly
around the room.

After two minutes she finished bowing her head. Everyone in the room applauded.

❝You truly are skilled, concubine Jiang.❞ concubine Ki exclaimed.

❝I agree.❞ Xu Yang said nodding her head.

❝Did your highness liked my dance?❞concubine Jiang asked looking at Zhang Wan who wasn't paying fully attention.

He picked up a piece of meat with the chopsticks and raised it to Xu Yang's mouth.

❝Open up. ❞he said looking at her smiling.

❝Thank you your highness, but I already have on-❞

Before she could end the sentence Zhang Wan shoved the piece of meat in her mouth. The concubines gave each other confused looks.

❝Is it good, Yang'er? ❞

Xu Yang didn't bother to answer him.

❝I think we should go now, excuse us, your highness.❞ Concubine Ki said slowly getting up.

❝Yes, have a good night.❞ Zhang Wan said looking at the three.

Xu Yang looked at the three women leaving, clicking her tongue in annoyance.

❝Finally alone, like it should have been, but someone is very stubborn.❞ Zhang Wan turned back to Xu Yang looking at her face.

❝I am the one stubborn, your highness?❞ Xu Yang snapped back at him annoyed.

❝Yes, you are very stubborn, am I wrong? ❞

She exhaled trying not to say anything disrespectful.