4 - Another Man

• Dedicated to that should be loved, which is everyone

[edited]

Vampire Mates
4: Another Man

I shoved the Chemistry and Calculus books into my book bag and pushed my glasses higher as I weaved my way through the crowd of students who are quickly trying to get to their next class before the bell. It's chaotic, to say the least. I nearly got trampled and only managed to get to the other end of the crowd by my size and height.

Dana and Lily, who were part of the art club, were going for a last-minute field trip to see this piece by this really famous artist or something, and it was a travelling convention, like a circus, so the art club decided to go, not wanting to miss the opportunity. Nothing, even book fairs, usually comes to Princeton, the middle of nowhere. The nearest town was 3 hours away.

Anyways, Lily and Dana decided to go as well, and so here I was, left alone, with Demetri. But, thank God, Bryan was here with me too. He had the same schedule as all of us, except for Alex and Grey.

Bryan, Bryan, Bryan; I haven't met him for more than a day, but I've decided to trust him more than I trust Demetri, and more than I should. It wasn't that I was purposefully trying to avoid Demetri or something, but it was also because he just gave me the 'you-can-trust-me' vibe.

I made a beeline towards the journalism room as it was my next class. When I had arrived at the class, Alex and Grey were already in their seats. They saved happily at me and I smiled and waved back. I was walking towards my seat, only to be surprised and to find the seat next to me that was usually vacant occupied by...

"Bryan?" I asked as I walked close enough to my - well, now it was ours - table. His head snapped up, his blue-green eyes meeting mine in surprise. His hands flew directly to a jotter in which he had been scribbling furiously on. He noticed my eyes on it and slammed it shut.

"What's that?" I asked curiously as I set my bag on the table and slid onto the chair beside him.

"U-um," Bryan said as he set the book on his lap nervously, "private stuff..."

I nodded. I understood when someone said that something was private. Trust me; I've been there before....

[.flashback.]

I hugged the books together to my chest, trying to hide myself from the others as I quickly walked down the hall in quick but small paces. My baby blue diary pocked through the rest of my books, standing out. I smiled as I thought about the diary. It had been a gift from my mom a long time ago, before she got remarried to that guy...

I was clutching tightly onto the baby blue diary, reminiscing over the things that happened today worth writing down when suddenly, Bryan Aspen suddenly appeared in front of me, with his little groupie and that infamous sly smirk on his face. I immediately cowered from him.

"Well, well, well," Bryan cackled as he cracked his knuckles. "Look what Marie here has for us..."

"Go away," I whispered fearfully as I backed away. Each step I took backwards, he took another closer.

My back hit the wall and, the next thing I knew, Bryan and I were face to face. He gave me a quick smirk before his hands snatched something blue, something old. I gasped as I reached out for the diary quickly, but with him towering over me by 6 inches, it was hard.

"Give it back," I whimpered helplessly. They had never really touched my personal belongings. They never stole my things - I hope - all they did was bully and torture me relentlessly. Since day one, he had been mocking me, seeing the bruises on my hands and the way I stared at his big and athletic build helplessly as an advantage. Then, one day, I began to be his punching bag. The cuts and bruises he gave me added on to the one my step-dad gave were extremely painful. I'd go home, practically dragging myself along with my hands. Mom never noticed. Or, she never cared.

I began to protest as I jumped to snatch the book away from his hands, but his buddy pinned me down against the wall, a sadistic look to his face. I wiggled and tried to get out of his grasp, but he was strong.