TEN: Unlikely New Allies

Back in Auradon, there was nobody more stressed in the entire kingdom than Ben.  Audrey was spotted earlier at Jane's birthday with the stolen crown and scepter from the museum. There, she cursed the partygoers and sent them into a deep sleep. Ben then received a phone call from Jane, informing him about what happened and that she and Hector were able to make it out safely.  The king originally attempted to keep the story in-house, and only inform those about the situation that needed to know. However, Audrey began making appearances all over the kingdom and a pink mist soon began to spread over Auradon, sending people off to sleep. Since then, the phone was going off the hook with royals and dignitaries from all over Auradon.

"No, I want the Auradon Guard handing out gas masks. Well, not everyone's asleep!" Ben shouts irritated before hanging up the phone. The king then turns to the servant standing in the doorway, "Find out if anyone's seen Audrey and find out if she has a list of demands."

With a nod, the servant exits the room, leaving Ben to dwell on his thoughts. The king unzipped his jacket and sat down in a chair, hoping to somewhat rid himself of at least some of his pent-up anxiety. Just when he thought he was going to get some sort of break, this just had to happen.

Auradon was an absolute mess right now. The spreading sleeping curse as well as the fact that it was all Audrey's doing only sent the people into a panic. Despite what was happening, the Aurorian princess was still immensely popular throughout Auradon. Most believed that this was all the work of some villain disguising themselves as Audrey that was wreaking havoc on the kingdom (or at least that was the story being told by the media).

But Ben also knew better, it was one of the benefits that came with being king. He knew that since the barrier surrounding the island was closely monitored, no one had escaped since that whole fiasco with the Cotillion. But as king, it also fell to him to make sure that the people were safe. But Ben had no idea what was happening right now. This wasn't like Audrey at all. Something was wrong, there was something pushing her to such extremes.

And on a more personal level, he had no idea what was going on with his friends and his fiancée were in the midst of all of this. He hadn't seen or heard from Mal, Helena, Carlos, Jay or Evie since earlier this morning when Mal texted him to remind him about Jane's birthday party. He knew that Jane and Hector were okay, but the others' whereabouts were a mystery to him.

The more Ben thought about the current situation in Auradon, the more stressed and worried he was becoming. The king sank further into his chair, now rubbing his temples until a voice from behind him made him jump up from his seat.

"Just one

"Just one. I demand my life back. I have a proposition. I'll wake everybody up right now " said Audrey, Ben letting out a startled noise. The princess then trailed her hand up the king's arm until reaching his shoulder before brushing his bangs from his eyes, "... under one itty-bitty condition, Benny-boo. Make me your Queen and we'll rule side by side."

Ben places his hand over hers, slowly removing them from his face. "Audrey, this is serious."

"I am being serious! I want my life back, Ben!"