𝟚𝟝 - 𝔾𝕚𝕗𝕥𝕤

Ophelia was slightly ashamed with herself over how excited she had gotten over the concept of Christmas this year

Ophelia was slightly ashamed with herself over how excited she had gotten over the concept of Christmas this year. Rather than insomnia preventing her from a good night sleep, it was anticipation for the day ahead. Almost every hour she found herself gingerly peaking out the small castle window to see if it was an acceptable time to wake. Everywhere seemed silent though, so Ophelia wrapped herself up in the duvet once more and attempted to count sheep for the thousandth time that night.

Some time passed and a door latch opening caused Ophelia to sit up straight. Turning to her door she saw Minnie, her hair fell down in to its usual nightly plait matched with a deep velour dressing gown. In one hand she held a lantern and the other remained held out straight, almost like it was guiding something. Floating above Minnie's head were two mugs.

"Merry Christmas dear."

"Merry Christmas Minnie."

"I've had the elves make us hot chocolate." Minnie flicked her hand forward and one of the mugs floated gently over to Ophelia's bedside.

"Thank you." Ophelia looked over to the hot chocolate and spotted something that made her even cheerier. "Cream and marshmallows, Minnie you're going to make me cry." She mocked wiping a tear away.

"I can't decide whether this wit is natural or if it's influenced by those cheeky marauders." Minerva took a seat at the end of the bed

"Both I believe. Fun fact, I'm sure you know, but they literally named themselves the Marauders because you kept calling them that." Ophelia was currently stuffing a marshmallow into her mouth, not very elegantly, as she spoke.

"Ophelia close your mouth dear." Minnie's Scottish accent making the reprimanding sound harsher than it was.

"Sorry I'm just a little too excited."

"I can see."

"So what happens today, do we go to breakfast like normal?"

"Normally yes, however I thought you would like to share Christmas morning just the two of us. So I also had the elves bring us breakfast, if that is ok with you?"

"More than ok!"

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"Merry Christmas son."

"Merry Christmas Dad."

Remus was currently sat in armchair with a mug of black tea in his hand. It was Christmas, he should be cheery, but all he felt was exhausted. The full moon had spread over two nights making his post transformation even tougher. Every so often he would wince in pain from the slightest of movements and all he really wanted to do was stay in bed for the rest of the day. But he couldn't do that, he couldn't bare the thought of being a burden or a misery on such a happy day. A day that is meant to be filled with family, joy and hope.