2- life is precious

Nau'dia Dream

"Nau'dia, your late

"Nau'dia, your late. i'm taking it out of your check." my boss snapped walking past me.

"this the third time you docked my pay this week for something little-" i followed him. " how i'm posed to help my mom and you keep doing-"

"if you was so concerned about moving your mother, and her football team out of the hood, you'd get here on time." she said to my face turning around.

"it's not that-"

"then what is it Nau'dia ? i tell you what, if you wanna keep your job here and support your family you'll get back to work immediately." he semi yelled.

"Mr. Johnson i've been working here since i was sixteen and in those four years you've never known me to be-"

"i never known you to talk back either, so if you value your job here, you'd get back to work Nau'dia !" he yelled in my face making everybody look over at us.  i looked down blinking tears away.

"oh hell na mr. Johnson who you think you talkin to?" Chanel said coming out of nowhere.

"it's cool nelly- i was just getting back to work." i turned around to walk away grabbing her arm.
but she didn't budge.

"get back to work Nau'dia, this is your last time i'm serious." he pointed in my face.

"why you gotta talk to her like that , you know she ain't gone say shit back to you" Chanel spoke up again.

"miss.Thomas, i suggest you leave Nau'dia to fight her own battles and get back to work. this doesn't concern you."he said to chanel.

"shid." she crossed her arms standing there looking him in the face.

oh god..

"just mind your own damn business ." he said sounding frustrated.

"she is my damn business! and you ain't gone talk to me no kind of way i'll bust yo ass !" she yelled picking up a laptop box looking as if she was about to hit him with it. 

"that's it , Nau'dia your fired !!" he yelled in my face before walking off. 

well i'd be damned !!!!

~~~~

"i can't believe that shit." i said to Chanel over the phone as i walked home from the bus stop.