10. Red

"What's your name?"

She sat there by the crates, her eyes wondered into his ruby eyes as they watched her in curiosity. It was somewhere around fall, the wind that blew was hard and shivering.

The young boy held her beanie hat on his small tiny grip. He was in such a formal and expensive suits. The way his red hair blew along with the wind always caught her attention.

After all this time, she had always paid attention to his appearance一the suit he's wearing, his ethics, personality, hair, and the most important part一

How his ruby eyes would glaze under the illuminated chandelier.

"I heard from the maids that you're following me."

She was seven when she first met eyes to eyes with him. He was somewhere around eleven or twelve一she didn't know. "I-I'm Y/n L/n, I'm not a noble.. just some lowly gardener. I'm sorry for.. trying to follow you."

He shook his head, his beaming smile managed to lighten up her fear. "No, that's fine. Don't think I don't notice how you keep following me."

A heat spreaded across her face as she hugged her teddy bear closer一covering her face, blocking his gaze of her. "I-I'm sorry." Was all what she could mutter to him.

"I'm Diluc Ragnvindr. And you know, a lowly life doesn't mean you're a gardner or a maid. But someone who can't see the right and the wrong."

Just like that, something bloomed in her chest. Something beautiful, exciting but terrific.

"Thank you, Young Master Diluc."

****

Everyone's eyes were on the scene that laid in front of them. Her heart beat faster in any kinds of forms that it could find一wether it'd be nervous or relief.

"I can sue you if you harass my employee. People here will be the witness." He wasn't threatening, it didn't sound like an empty threat to her. "M-master Diluc, i-it's fine! I'm not hurt. It's my fault一"

For once, she fell quiet once fake worried e/c orbs met with his glazing red ones. Oddly, her heart palpated一her chest felt swollen.

What could she be feeling? Was she having an illness?

The man yanked his arm away from Diluc's grip. "Fine, have it your way! What a terrible tavern!" He yelled in frusteration, but she knew how humiliated the man felt. That wasn't the most important part right now...

He walked farther from her, coming to customers one by one. "We're sorry for the scene. We'll replace what you've lost."

Her eyes were still trailing at him, cheeks were pulled a bit into an awkward expression. Somehow, her feelings were mixed into one一nostalgic, happiness, confusion. Had she ever felt something like this before? The memories she couldn't touch anywhere?

"一/n... Y/n, are you okay?"

She was brought back to reality as her name was called over and over. She quickly moved her gaze to look at the blonde man, Charles that was worrying about her. "Oh, yes. I'm fine, thank you. Let's go back to work."

"Do you need a rest?"

She shook her head and smiled hollow to him. "No, it's fine."

That left quite a sight for her eyes to see.

...

Everyone had gone back to their home, where their loved ones were. She had decided to stay in for the night in her own workplace.